Which Vizio TVs Are Compatible With Disney Plus
Vizio SmartCast TVs made in 2016 or later are compatible with Disney Plus. Still, its essential to update your Vizio TV to the latest available version of its software to get access to this streaming platform.
On top of that, keep in mind that Disney Plus is available on Vizio TVs in select territories only. More precisely, users in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico can access this platform.
And lastly, theres a small number of Vizio TV models that dont support Disney Plus. Those are the following models: E32-D1, E32h-D1, E40-D0, E43-D2, E48-D0, E50-D1, and E55-D0.
How to Find the Model Code of Your Vizio TV?
Depending on how old your TV is, there are a couple of ways to check the model code of your Vizio smart TV, as described below.
- Older Vizio TVs: Press Menu , select Help and then press OK. Lastly, go to System Info and press OK again.
- Newer Vizio TVs: Once you press Menu using your remote, navigate to System > System Information. Press OK to view the information about your TV.
How To Cast Disney Plus To Your Large
If you have a smart TV that supports either Googles Chromecast or Apples AirPlay, you can use a different device to cast your Disney Plus content. Make sure to go through the following steps:
- Launch Disney Plus and select any title.
- Now, start playing any movie or TV show.
- As soon as the selected title starts playing, click on the Cast icon in the top-right corner.
- Lastly, select your TV. Thats it!
So Whats The Good News
Well, if you have any iOS device, you can use AirPlay on your VIZIO TV to watch Disney+ right now. While Chromecast support was broken on launch day, AirPlay support worked perfectly, allowing anyone with an iPhone or an iPad to watch The Mandalorian the day it came out. Unfortunately for Android users or anyone who doesnt have an iOS device in the family, AirPlay support wont do you much good at all.
Of course, the good news doesnt stop there. On November 19th, a week after the official launch of Disney+, VIZIO issued a press release announcing that an update to their built-in Chromecast support would roll out to all supported VIZIO televisions in early December, about a month after the release of Disney Plus. While it would have been nice to have Disney+ support ready to go for VIZIO television on day oneespecially considering how popular Disney+ has proved to be in the first week of its releaseits nice to see that VIZIO has taken a better late than never approach with supporting the newest, hottest streaming service.
Also Check: What Channel Is Fs1 On Direct TV
How To Play Disney+ Via Airplay 2
We havent fully tested this solution yet, so there could be some bumps in the road. If for some reason this process doesnt work, you may have to remain patient until December for the casting roll-out, or for an undetermined period of time until the missing app is delivered.
What If My Smart TV Doesn’t Support The Disney+ App
If your smart TV is an older model that doesn’t support the Disney+ app, you might still be able to stream Disney Plus. Your best options for streaming Disney content are external streaming devices and casting.
- Streaming Devices: Most streaming devices such as the Roku or Chromecast can access Disney+. You’ll need to add the app to the streaming device , then watch it through the streaming device.
- Casting or Mirroring: Casting is sending streaming video wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or computer to your television. If you’re an iOS user, you can use AirPlay to mirror your screen to some televisions. If you’re an Android user you may be able to cast to a TV through an app , or you may need to cast from your device to a Chromecast device.
Also Check: How To Get Discovery Plus On Smart TV
How To Get Disney Plus On A Hisense Smart TV
Hisense TVs are powered by a range of operating systems, with a number of TV models being powered by Android TV as well. However, even though Disney Plus offers an Android TV app, you wont find it on Hisense TVs and their Play Stores.
The good news is that Disney Plus is likely to provide an update to its existing Android TV app, expanding its compatibility to cover Hisense TVs. However, we cant really give you any predictions regarding when that might happen.
If you dont want to wait for Disney Plus to arrive to Hisense TVs, your best bet right now is to use a media streaming device. Click on the provided link to learn more.
How To Download Disney Plus On A Samsung Smart TV
Disney Plus is available for Samsung TVs that are 2016 models and later. If your Samsung Smart TV is compatible, here’s how to download Disney+ for Samsung.
On your Samsung TV remote, use the buttons to navigate to and select the Apps option.
In Apps you can scroll around until you find Disney+ or you can use the remote to navigate to the search function in the upper right corner and search for: Disney Plus.
Select the Disney+ app and then select Install.
Once the Disney Plus app is downloaded and installed, then you can use the remote to select the app to launch it and log in with your Disney Plus account credentials.
Read Also: How Much Does TV Repair Cost
Can I Put A Password On My TV
Locking a television gives parents the ability to place valuable controls on the device. Many units come with parental controls to password protect the television in an effort to limit and control screen time. It also makes it possible to control the types of channels or shows kids are allowed to watch.
Install Your Favourite Disney Plus On Vizio Smart TV And Start Streaming Your Favourite Disney Videos
Disney+ is a streaming service platform owned by The Walt Disney Company. In Disney+, you can find content from PIXAR, MARVEL, Disney, STAR WARS, and National Geographic. Disney is responsible for making ever-hit movies like The Lion King, Cinderella, 101 Dalmations, Pirates of the Caribbean, and much more. The standalone app of Disney+ can be installed on most of the smart devices. You can add Disney Plus on Vizio Smart TV as well.
Can You Download More Apps On A Vizio Smart TV
A Firestick is the least expensive option out of the three while the Nvidia Shield serves as the absolute ultimate streaming device. Ive used all three in the past and theyve worked wonders for me on Vizio TVs.
As discussed earlier, aside from using a streaming device or casting you simply cant download more apps on a Vizio Smart TV as they are built-in already.
Adding apps on Vizio Smart TV not listed in App Store is also possible through casting. This works by using Vizio Smart TVs SmartCast which uses both Airplay 2 and Chromecast.
Vizio has drastically improved their Smart TV capabilities however they left out the best part: the ability to add more apps of your choosing.
These built-in Vizio apps differ greatly from other mainstream Smart TVs as they use HTML 5. The pro to this is that Vizio apps update themselves, sort of like a web based application would.
The con to these built-in apps is that Vizio doesnt enable you to download more apps without using one of the methods listed in this post. Most likely due to the way they make their apps.
How To Watch Disney+ With Apple Airplay
If you don’t want to download the Disney+ app on your VIZIO smart TV, or you’re visiting a friend’s house and want to stream Disney+ from your iOS device, you can do this using Apple AirPlay.
- Ensure your iOS device and VIZIO smart TV are connected to the same network.
- Launch the Disney+ app on your Apple device.
- Select the movie or TV show you want to watch.
- Tap the AirPlay icon.
- Select the VIZIO smart TV you want to stream to.
You May Like: How To Stream Oculus Quest To TV Without Chromecast
How To Update A Vizio Smart TV
Whats important to highlight is that not all Vizio TVs can be updated manually. TVs made in 2018 or later provide this functionality. If you have an older TV, you need to wait until your device updates automatically .
So, if you have a Vizio TV that can be updated manually, go through the following steps:
- Press the V key on your remote.
- Then, select System from the menu youll see on your TV screen.
- Make sure to select Check for Updates. If a new update is available, confirm that you want to install it, and then allow your device to finish this procedure on its own. Make sure not to unplug or turn off your TV during the update process.
How Do I Get Disney+ On An Older Smart TV
Older smart TVs may not have the native Disney+ app available for installation. In this case, you can use a casting device or a streaming media player to cast or fling Disney+ content from your phone or tablet to your TV screen. You may have to check the specifics of which casting and streaming devices are compatible with your TV.
Also Check: Does Apple TV Cost Money
Can You Get Disney Plus On A Panasonic Smart TV
At the moment, Panasonic TVs cant be used to watch Disney Plus as theres no native app for this TV brand. This might change in the future, because there were indications that Panasonic is interested in carrying this app.
Overall, Panasonic is known for being slow in providing software updates for its TVs. Therefore, it really doesnt come as a surprise to know that Disney Plus isnt available. With that said, youll want to check the available workarounds.
Disney Plus Not Casting To Vizio TV
If you have a Vizio TV that does not support the Disney Plus app, but is capable of Smart Casting, this is another great workaround to getting your favorite content straight on your TV screen. By using another smart device that is capable of AirPlay, you can download the Disney Plus app straight to it and cast the same picture directly to your TV with the quick click of a button. What then do you do if Disney Plus will not cast to your Vizio TV?
If Disney Plus is not casting to your Vizio TV, it could be that both of your devices are not connected to the same network. To check which network your TV is connected to, press the Menu button on your remote > Ok> Network Connection> Wireless Option> then select a network.
Once you have verified the network that your Vizio TV is connected to, you will then need to do the same from the device you are trying to cast from. When you have confirmed that both are connected to the same network, you should be able to start playing the Disney Plus app from the device and select the AirPlay icon to begin casting.
Don’t Miss: How To Watch Spectrum On Laptop
How To Stream Disney Plus On Vizio
As a service with the most robust collection of Disney content, Disney+ is the perfect streaming option for diehard fans. It gives you access to some of those iconic classics that will trigger your nostalgia as well as a few recent hits and Disney+ originals. Not only that, but you even get to watch all the Star Wars movies and shows along with several popular titles from Marvel and Pixar. Read more about what else it offers in our Disney Plus review.
Disney Plus works on a wide range of devices from smart TVs and streaming devices to gaming consoles and phones. It even supports Vizio TVs, so you wont have to invest in a new TV or streaming media player just to stream Disney Plus.
This post details the step-by-step process to watch Disney Plus on Vizio. It helps you figure out whether the service works with your Vizio model, and if not, what workaround is available. So lets find out how to get the Disney Plus Vizio app and how to watch it on your TV.
How To Get Disney Plus On Vizio Smart TV
1. Before you do anything else, you need an active Disney+ subscription. It means that you first need to using any Web browser. Click on the provided link and then click on Sign up for Disney+ only to subscribe. However, keep in mind that you can combine Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+, which is available as a single bundle at an affordable price.
2. Now, you need to make sure that you have the latest update for your Vizio SmartCast TV. For detailed steps on how this is done, heres how to update your Vizio TV. Its essential to keep in mind that the SmartCast platform doesnt have an App Store. Instead, you get apps as you install SmartCast system updates. Thats why its important to keep your TV updated at all times.
3. Finally, use the V button on your remote to check for the available apps on your TV. After a bit of search, you should be able to find Disney+ among the available options. Open this application, log in using your credentials, and youre good to go.
Read Also: Is Pure Flix On Amazon Prime
Disney Plus Doesn’t Work On Vizio Smart TVs
The streaming app won’t be added until 2020.
Disney Plus doesn’t work on Vizio smart TVs.
“Disney Plus is not currently available on Vizio TVs as a built-in app or available to cast,” Vizio said on Wednesday.
Vizio told CNET Thursday it’s now “working closely with Disney and hope to announce the availability of the Disney Plus app on Vizio SmartCast TVs soon.”
The company says customers with an AirPlay 2-compatible SmartCast TV “may” be able to AirPlay Disney Plus content. This will work on 2019, 2018 and 2017 Vizio SmartCast TVs, and 2016 Vizio SmartCast UHD TVs, it said.
CNET confirmed the streaming app doesn’t work via the built-in Chromecast feature on Vizio TVs, and found the AirPlay workaround a little awkward the Disney Play app on an iPhone doesn’t openly mention AirPlay, so we had to start it in another app. But if you’ve used AirPlay with your Vizio TV previously, it should work fine without needing the additional app to set it up.
First published at 11:46 a.m. PT on Nov. 13. Adds more info Adds Thursday comment from Vizio.
How To Subscribe To Disney+
You can either get the standalone Disney+ streaming service for $6.99/mo. or bundle it with ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99/mo. At the time of writing this post, however, you can no longer try the service for free.
- Step One: Go to the Disney+ website.
- Step Two: Click on the Get all Three button if you want the Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu bundle. Select Sign up for Disney+ only if you just want a Disney+ subscription.
- Step Three: Provide your email address and click on Agree & Continue.
- Step Four: Set your password and Continue.
- Step Five: Choose whether you want a monthly or an annual subscription. The annual subscription option will come up only for the standalone Disney+ subscription and costs $69.99/yr.
- Step Six: Enter your payment details. Youll have the option to either pay with a credit card or PayPal. Then click on Agree & Subscribe. This finishes the subscription process, and you can immediately start streaming Disney+ even from your web browser.
How Do I Get Disney+ On My Smart TV And How To Download And Set Up The App
If the user has Samsung, Philips and LG smart TV then how can the user get access to Disney Plus according to the following steps.
Disney Plus is here to help the user these days. And if the user already has a ton of movies and shows on the service but much more content has been added from Disney Plus to make Disney Plus one of Disney Plus biggest streamers. The user is considered to be very good at signing up with the mentally developed documents of giant franchises like Pixar and Disney, National Geographic and Star Wars.