Understanding Via And Via+
Many older Vizio TVs have the VIA or VIA+ smart TV platform.
VIA and VIA+ are set up in a similar fashion as most smart TVs. All of the apps reside in or can be added to the TV, allowing users the ability to manage and add all your apps directly through the TV using the remote control. However, both screen-mirroring and screencasting of a limited number of apps using compatible smartphones and tablets are also supported.
How To Connect My Vizio Smartcast To Wi
A Wi-Fi network provides one of the easiest ways to connect your Vizio smart TV to other devices. To complete the connection, follow these simple steps:
- Select Network
- Select your home network
If you cant locate your preferred network scroll down and click on More access points. After locating your network, enter your password and click Connect.
Your Vizio SmartCast is now connected to your Wi-Fi network and you can access Vizio smart TV screen mirroring services.
Install Your Favourite Disney Plus On Vizio Smart TV And Start Streaming Your Favourite Disney Videos
Disney+ is a streaming service platform owned by The Walt Disney Company. In Disney+, you can find content from PIXAR, MARVEL, Disney, STAR WARS, and National Geographic. Disney is responsible for making ever-hit movies like The Lion King, Cinderella, 101 Dalmations, Pirates of the Caribbean, and much more. The standalone app of Disney+ can be installed on most of the smart devices. You can add Disney Plus on Vizio Smart TV as well.
Don’t Miss: Can You Watch Local TV On Apple TV
Use Stadia On Chromecast With Google TV
On the 23rd of June 2021, Google released an update for the Chromecast which now enables it to install and run Stadia right away. Now is the time to update your Chromecast and get started with Stadia.
And that is how you update your Chromecast which is now ready and compatible to run Stadia. With the Chromecast updated and ready, it is now time to install the Stadia app to your Chromecast.
You May Like: Does Hallmark Have A Streaming Service
Do Vizio TVs Have Chromecast Built
Vizio TV owners rejoice! You are able to use Chromecast without having to do any extra legwork! Not only do Vizio smart TV models have Chromecast built-in, but they also work seamlessly with your Google Assistant device as well!
Vizio Smart TVs built-in Chromecast allows you to directly control your TV from any device and enjoy thousands of Chromecast-compatible apps.
You will also have the power to cast your internet browser onto your TV, if you want a larger viewing experience, or if youre watching something in a google chrome browser rather than on a streaming service!
The seamless connection with your Google Assistant also allows you to set mood music, mood lighting, and other Google Assistant-specific features.
Once your Google Assistant is connected to your Vizio smart TV, you can also use your voice to control your smart TV as well. Simple commands will allow you to play your favorite music, movies, and TV shows without ever having to lift a finger.
Don’t Miss: How To Fix Vizio TV Black Screen
Way : Use Chromecast To Connect Android Phone To TV
The first way that we will discuss is the Chromecast which is one of the easiest ways to connect your Android phone to your television.
Chromecast will help you in establishing a wireless connection between the two devices. Lets look at the steps that you can follow to make that happen.
Steps to Use Chromecast for Wireless Connection
- Usually, Chromecast is used by connecting it to the HDMI port of the television, but if you have an old TV that does not have an HDMI, you can use an HDMI adapter to establish the connection.
- Firstly you will have to connect the HDMI adapter to the available port in your television, and then you can connect the Chromecast with the HDMI adapter.
- In the next step, you have to download the Good Home App on your Android phone from where you will control and connect the Chromecast with the devices.
- When you open the app, you will automatically see a few instructions on the homepage to connect the Chromecast with your Wi-Fi network.
- In the next step, you have to open the Cast button that will be either on the lower right or upper right on the applications homepage. When you open the cast icon, you will see the list of devices you can connect with your Android phone.
- From the list, you have to select the Chromecast that you have connected with your television. When you tap on your Chromecast, the connection between the television and your Android phone will be established.
Disney Plus Not Casting To Vizio TV
If you have a Vizio TV that does not support the Disney Plus app, but is capable of Smart Casting, this is another great workaround to getting your favorite content straight on your TV screen. By using another smart device that is capable of AirPlay, you can download the Disney Plus app straight to it and cast the same picture directly to your TV with the quick click of a button. What then do you do if Disney Plus will not cast to your Vizio TV?
If Disney Plus is not casting to your Vizio TV, it could be that both of your devices are not connected to the same network. To check which network your TV is connected to, press the Menu button on your remote > Ok> Network Connection> Wireless Option> then select a network.
Once you have verified the network that your Vizio TV is connected to, you will then need to do the same from the device you are trying to cast from. When you have confirmed that both are connected to the same network, you should be able to start playing the Disney Plus app from the device and select the AirPlay icon to begin casting.
Recommended Reading: Watching Spectrum Online
How To Use Chromecast Built
Some of the VIZIO TV models have built-in Chromecast feature and thus screencasting to such models from a smartphone is easy. Get to know the steps to use the Chromecast built-in feature on VIZIO TV.
- VIZIO TV P-series Quantum or Quantum X | M-Series Quantum | V-Series
- Smartphone or PC with Chrome browser
- Connect VIZIO TV and casting device to the same internet
Vizio Remote Control Does Not Work
Vizios remote control is sometimes considered a weak point for its TVs. Out of nowhere, it may stop working, and there are a few reasons why this happens.
- The first thing you should check is the batteries, as not all batteries are created equal. So if you are using cheaper batteries, its more likely that it will use up power faster. Try switching batteries to see if it solves the problem.
- If it still does not work, there could have been damage that resulted from shock or dampness, which could damage the components inside.
Luckily, you can request a new remote control from Vizio, which they sell for a minimal fee.
- In the meantime, you may also download the Vizio Remote Control app that lets you use your smartphone as a remote control to navigate the SmartCast system.
- The Vizio Remote App is available on Android and iOS. Just make sure that your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Vizio TV.
You May Like: Pair iPhone With Samsung TV
How To Customize Smartcast Core Apps
Core apps are installed into the display or TV and can be accessed directly on the screen without casting.
|Vizio Smartcast TV Core Apps|
To make managing the core apps easier, you can use Vizio’s Customize App Row feature. This enables you to change the order in which the core apps are displayed on your home screen so that you can group your favorites closer together.
Here’s how to use Customize App Row:
Using your remote control, select the Customize App Row icon.
Select an app and move it using the provided left and right arrow cursors. When done select OK, then Done. If you decide that you don’t want to move the app, you can select Cancel.
How To Cast From A Laptop/pc To A Vizio TV
Using SmartCast, you can connect your laptop or PC to your TV.
Alternatively, you can also use an HDMI cable to connect your PC to your TV.
Read Also: Samsung Smart TV Watch Espn
How To Stream To Chromecast From An iPhone
The Google Home app for iPhone lets you link Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, HBO, and other popular streaming services and stream them using the Chromecast thatâs plugged into your TV. Just make sure that every device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. With your Google Home app open on your iPhone, tap the Media icon.
2. Under the âManage Your Systemâ section, select whether you want to access available Music, Video, Podcast, or Radio services.
3. In the list of available apps, tap âLinkâ under the service you want to add to your iPhoneâs Google Home app.
4. In the confirmation box, tap âLink Accountâ to be brought to the serviceâs sign in page where you can enter your account username and password.
5. Once logged in, closeout of Google Home and tap the icon for the streaming service you just linked.
Quick tip: At this point, you can also tap the microphone icon at the bottom of the app and use a voice command like âHey Google, play âThe Mandalorianâ on Disney Plusâ to start streaming.
6. Select the media you want to play on your TV through your Chromecast device.
7. On your iPhoneâs screen, locate the Google Chromecast âcastingâ icon, which may be located in various places depending on the app.
8. Select the name of your Chromecast from the list of available Chromecast devices and begin watching.
Alternative Screen Mirroring And Screencasting Methods
If you cant use screen mirroring or screencasting with your current setup either because of your phone or your TV, you can still use similar features. If youve never heard of Chromecast before, nows the time to learn and start taking advantage of it.
All you need is an extra device, and a good wi-fi network to start casting/mirroring your screen just as easily as you can on a Samsung device with a smart TV. The best part here is that you dont need a smart TV to use Chromecast, just a TV compatible with the device, which most modern TVs are.
While Chromecast is a great option for phones that cant normally use screen mirroring, it doubles as a great solution to screen mirroring problems. Chromecast isnt just a one-trick pony either, take a look at some of the best apps for it out there.
I highly recommend Chromecast to anyone having trouble with screen mirroring, or if you just want less hassle with the process in general. Chromecast is essentially plug and play, and inexpensive, so theres no reason not to try it.
Recommended Reading: How To Watch Spectrum TV On Computer
How To Use Your Chromecast Device
Heres a quick tutorial on how to use a Chromecast device that is not directly built-in to the functionality of your smart TV.
After this, you should be able to cast easily from any Chromecast-supported app. These days, most mainstream streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, and others are supported by Chromecast and are able to seamlessly transfer onto your TV with the push of a button.
Vizio TV Does Not Connect To Wi
Wi-Fi connectivity is another common issue for Vizio TVs and any other smart TV on the market, which can be frustrating since you need the Internet to access streaming applications on the SmartCast system. But dont panic just yet, as there are different troubleshooting tips to consider.
The first thing to identify is whether the problem lies with your TV or Wi-Fi network.
- To do this, you need to check if your other devices connect to the Internet through the router. Try opening a streaming service, such as Netflix or YouTube, on another device and check if it loads and streams properly.
- If it is unable to stream, the problem is likely with your Internet connection.
- However, if your smartphone or computer can connect and stream without problems, then there is a strong possibility that you need to troubleshoot your Vizio TV.
You should also check if the Wi-Fi network is overwhelmed.
- To do this, try disconnecting another device connected to the Wi-Fi network, then try connecting your TV once more.
- If your Vizio TV connects successfully, it means that the network is congested. Try removing more devices to ensure a stable connection.
- If you are using a dual-band router, try moving the Vizio TV to the 5 GHz bandwidth.
- Another thing to consider is the distance between the Wi-Fi router and the TV. If the TV is too far, can you move it closer to the router?
However, if you have managed to connect the TV previously from its current position, there are other fixes available.
How To Fix Smartcast On Your Vizio TV
Though utterly convenient, the SmartCast experience is not without bumps. Sometimes you can face issues when running it, and we have some tricks to get you back running as soon as possible.
In this section, we provide a few common solutions, but we also wrote a dedicated article on the issue, you can read it here.
- Verify your TV is connected to your network.
- Make sure your device is connected to the same WiFi as your TV.
- Refresh Smart Cast Home.
- Reset your television
Sometimes software glitches or a change in settings may be the cause of your problem. In this case, the quickest way to bring everything back to the manufacturers default settings would be to factory reset your TV. You can do this by:
What Is Apples Version Of Chromecast
Google today announced that the Apple TV app has launched on the $50 Chromecast with Google TV, which is the latest version of the Chromecast dongle. Google said in December that the Apple TV app would be coming to Chromecast early in 2021, with the app set to expand to other Android TV devices in the future.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Insignia Remote To TV
Using Chromecast With A Device