How To Connect Your iPhone With Apple TV
This option is also how you connect an iPad and iPod Touch to your Apple TV.
What Is Apple TV Plus
Apple TV Plus is Apples premium subscription streaming service that attempts to take on Netflix, Hulu, , and others. Its completely ad-free, except for promotions for content and add-on streaming services within Apple TV Plus. The platform features a host of original shows and movies made under the Apple Originals program.
This bolsters Apples existing Apple TV, which is a that also allows you to access other streaming services. The idea is that you can bring all of your streaming services into one place, rather than having to remember multiple accounts and passwords.
Because we know its confusing with several services and products under the Apple TV banner, heres a breakdown of the three:
- Apple TV : A set-top box that allows you to stream video from iTunes, Amazon Prime Video, ESPN, Hulu, Netflix, and other streaming services. There are currently two models, one for HD and one for 4K. Both models run the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV app: A free app/service that serves as a hub for content from various streaming services, including Apple TV Plus. It also allows individual subscriptions to certain channels as well as movie rentals or purchases. The app comes pre-loaded on the Apple TV set-top box.
- Apple TV Plus: A Netflix-like subscription service with Apple Originals: series and films produced by and/or for Apple.
Can You Stream Apple TV+ On Lg Smart TV
How to Sign Up and Download Apple TV+ on LG Smart TV
Apple TV+ is available natively using LG Smart TV . Additionally, you may be able to stream to your LG Smart TV through Apple AirPlay models).
Apple TV+ app on LG Smart TV
If you have a compatible TV and you dont see AirPlay as an option, make sure you update to the latest LG Smart TV firmware.
Recommended Reading: Chromecast Mirroring Without Wifi
How Do You Get Apple TV+ On Your Device
To access Apple TV+, you need the Apple TV app, which comes installed on Apple devices but can be downloaded to other supporting devices, and an Apple ID account. If you have a smart TV or streaming device, here’s what to do:
This article focuses on the Apple TV+ streaming service. The service is different from the Apple TV device and the Apple TV app. Confused? We untangle the mess in What Is Apple TV?
If you don’t have an Apple ID, learn how to create an Apple ID here.
On your smart TV or streaming device, download the Apple TV app from the app store on your device.
After the Apple TV app is installed, launch the app and select Start Watching> Settings> Accounts> Sign In.
There are two ways to sign in to your Apple ID:
After you sign in to your Apple ID, follow any remaining on-screen prompts and you are ready to start watching.
The Differences Between Apple TV Apple TV+ And The Apple TV App
199,- in stock
- Thanks to the 4K HDR resolution, you can watch movies and photos in Ultra High Defintion quality.
- Apple TV 4K supports many apps, such as Netflix, iCloud, and Takeaway.
- Play games with friends and use the Siri Remote, iPhone, or iPod touch as a controller.
- You can only enjoy the 4K resolution and HDR with a television that supports HDR10 and Dolby Vision. You also need a HDMI 2.0 cable to connect Apple TV 4K with.
- An HDMI cable isn’t included to connect Apple TV 4K to your television.
Also Check: How To Mirror Android To TV Without Wifi
Buy A Movie Or TV Show On Your Mac
To see all of the movies and TV shows that you purchased, go to the Library tab.
How To Watch Xfinity Comcast Stream On Apple TV
RobotPoweredHome is reader-supported. When you buy through links on my blog, I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Xfinity Comcast Stream is an app that allows you to use any compatible device as a TV and stream whatever you want to watch.
This includes any popular series, movies, live sports, and news.
However, my primary entertainment system is the Apple TV, so I needed to know if I could watch Xfinity Comcast Stream on Apple TV.
Ive built my entire entertainment center around the Apple TV, which Ive added to my preferred smart home platform, HomeKit.
Now, I can do almost anything on my Apple TV, from watching shows on streaming services to talking to people through my video doorbell.
So anything I decide to use has to be compatible with Apple TV. If not, I do the research and try to find workarounds.
Currently, the Xfinity Stream app isnt available for Apple TV. However, you can log in to your Xfinity account on a Web Browser and authorize your Apple TV to access channels on your Plan by entering the code into the custom URLto stream Xfinity.
Also Check: Does My Vizio TV Have Airplay
Read Also: Apple TV Plus Local Channels
How Do I Get Apple TV Plus
Signing up for Apple TV Plus is easy, and can be done from both the web and the Apple TV app. In fact, its usually the first thing you see when you open the Apple TV app. Just tap Try It Free and confirm your purchase to get started. The first seven days are free, but after that, you will automatically be charged $4.99 a month.
On the web, simply navigate to the Apple TV Plus website, then click Start Your Free Trial. Youll have to log into your Apple account if you arent already logged in, but the entire process takes less than a minute.
No matter how you sign up, you will get a pop-up letting you know if you have a free year or three months to claim due to a recent purchase.
Once your free Apple TV Plus subscription is over, you can also opt for an Apple One subscription if you use other Apple services such as Apple Music, iCloud storage, and Apple Arcade. The bundle will save you some money compared to what you pay for all these services individually.
Which Apple TV To Get
1) Make sure you have an Apple device, Smart TV, streaming device or AirPlay TV that is compatible with the Apple TV app. If you’re using an Apple device, make sure it has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, macOS, or tvOS. 2) Open the Apple TV app on your compatible device. If you are using the correct Apple device, you may be prompted to: a.
How to set up apple tv without remoteCan I operate Apple TV without my Remote? If your Apple TV is turned off, you can turn it on without a remote. Just unplug your Apple TV and plug it back in. Connect your Apple TV to your Wi-Fi router with an Ethernet cable. Then follow the instructions to set up your Apple TV remote in Control Center.How do you use an Apple TV without a remote?How to set up Apple TV without a remote with an iPhone or iPad.
Read Also: Discovery Plus On Lg Content Store
Buy A Movie Or TV Show On Your iPhone Or Ipod Touch
To see all of the movies and TV shows that you purchased, go to the Library tab.
Reset The Apple TV App And Apple TV+ App
Before you sell or give away your device or uninstall the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app, you should reset the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app. Resetting the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app signs you out of your account, removes your personal information, and restores the apps to their original settings.
If you reset the Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app on a smart TV that’s also signed in to the Apple Music app, then the Apple Music app will also be restored to its original settings.
Also Check: How To Watch Hbo Max On Chromecast
Reasons To Buy An Apple TV In 2021
1. The Best HomeKit Experience
Apple has integrated the new Apple TV 4K with Thread, a low-power mesh networking standard that’s designed to make smart home devices such as smart home cameras, smart doorbells, small thermostats and more work better with each other. It’s one of two Apple products that supports Thread, including the HomePod mini, but there a large number of third-party gadgets that support Thread . So if you’re building a smart home around Apple’s HomeKit and you want the best possible experience, it’s a good idea to update to the new Apple TV 4K.
Apple takes the protection of your person information very sincerely, which is a big reason to use Apple’s streaming hardware over just using its services on a third-party TV or dongle. If you don’t have an Apple TV streaming box, then your streaming activity and account information isn’t monitored by Apple, but by the hardware companies that are running its software and they likely don’t have the same rigorous standards of protecting your information as Apple.
Getting Apple’s TV hardware gives you the extra peace of mind that your information is throughly being protected.
3. Apple’s Dolby Atmos Experience
4. A Private Listening Experience with AirPods
The public beta for tvOS 15 is available now. The full software update is expected to roll out later this year .
5. The Multi-User Experience
6. Apple Arcade on the Big Screen
7. The Apple TV Remote and a Superior Siri for Search
8. Epic Screen Savers
Best Apple TV Plus Shows
Apple invested heavily in original shows for the platform, and although not many have managed to completely capture the hearts and minds of the general public , there are some excellent shows on offer.
We have a full list of the best Apple TV Plus shows with trailers and full descriptions, but heres a quick list of some of our favorites.
Also Check: How To Cast My Phone To My Tcl Roku TV
How Do I Watch Ted Lasso Season 2 And Anything Else On Apple TV Plus
Every Apple TV Plus title, including Ted Lasso, is available to all subscribers. Apple TV Plus only has a single $5-a-month tier, and it unlocks the full catalog of original programming.
But unlike Netflix and other subscription streaming services, Apple TV Plus doesnât have its own dedicated app. Apple TV Plus programming resides inside Appleâs TV app, which overall serves as a hub to watch programming from other video subscriptions and to rent or buy movies and shows a la carte. That can be a little confusing, but the TV app has a tab dedicated just to Apple TV Plus originals, so you can find all the originals in one place without other kinds of stuff that requires separate payments.
Appleâs TV app is available on:
- Apple devices that can stream video including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV streaming boxes, iPod Touch and Macs
Apple TV Plus is also available to watch on the web at tv.apple.com.
Can You Block Purchases In The Apple TV App
Yes. This is handy if you have kids who use the Apple TV app and don’t realize the difference between streaming Apple TV+ and buying something separate. To block purchases in the Apple TV app, follow these steps:
Click the Settings menu.
Click Restrictions to turn it on.
Enter a four-digit passcode. This is the code you will be us to turn restrictions on and off. Enter it a second time when requested to do so.
Toggle the Purchase and Rental menu to Restrict.
Recommended Reading: Connecting Oculus To TV
How To Get Apple TV+ App On Your Samsung TV
The Apple TV app is available on select 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Samsung smart TVs, Lifestyle TVs, QLED 4K and 8K TVs, and the Premiere projector. Here are the steps to follow if you want to install it and check whether your TV has it.
- Find where the Samsung app store is on your TV. If you search it and it does not appear, then, sadly, your TV is not compatible with it and you will need to either access it via a console or a Fire Stick.
- Select Apple TV app and install it.
- Open it up and choose to start watching.
- The easiest way to sign up is to do it via a web browser, but you can put all your information in here and take advantage of the 7-day free trial.
- If you are signing up through the app, you will be able to start watching once that is done. Alternatively, if you have signed up beforehand, you will see quick sign-in options that will allow you to connect with a numerical code or QR code with an apple device.
The Steps To Line Up Your Apple TV
It has a simple way to connect your Samsung smart TVs with Apple TV. You would follow the instructions as belows:
From the beginning, it is required for you to check whether your wireless network is working or not or your devices are installed within an appropriate distance. Otherwise, for any connection with wire, you should plug the Ethernet cable into your Apple TV first of all. Next, you will be able to adhere to the below details:
- Step 1: Let one side of the HDMI cable be connected with your Apple TV HDMI port, then put the other side into your TV HDMI port.
- Step 2: Have your power port connected with one side of the power cord on your Apple TV, then put the opposite side into an electrical outlet.
- Step 3: Activate your TV, then choose the suitable option from the HDMI input menu so as to connect your TV with your Apple TV.
Note: In some situations, the appropriate HDMI input device will be connected with your TV already so you do not need to do this step anymore.
- Step 4: Let your Apple TV be registered via Samsung TV and keep following the upcoming guideline provided for you on the screen.
In this case, you can take advantage of controlling via voice features on your Apple TV to make those steps become even quicker and simpler. It does mean that you can use the voice control option on your Siri remote by holding the menu button down 3 times, then you will be able to ask your device to do those steps for you.
You May Like: How To Get Mlb.tv On Kodi
Stream Video From Your iPhone iPad Or Ipod Touch To A TV
To stop streaming, tap AirPlay in the app that you’re streaming from, then tap your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the list.
1. SharePlay doesn’t support AirPlay 2-compatible smart TVs. To stream video with SharePlay, use an Apple TV.
2. Some video apps might not support AirPlay. If you cant use AirPlay with a video app, check the App Store on your Apple TV to see if that app is available.