What Works What Doesnt
After dealing with the sideloading process, setting up the app is easy enough. Head to the Fire TVs Settings menu, then go to System > Applications > Manage Installed Applications. Scroll down to YouMap Chromecast Receiver, and launch the app. I did have to restart the Fire TV to get YouMap working properly.
Launching YouMap for the first time from Fire TV Settings.
YouMap works in exactly the same way as Chromecast. Just open up a Cast-enabled app on an iOS or Android device, and a Cast button should appear on the screen. Select YouMap from the Cast menu, then select a video or song from your phone or tablet. It should start playing through the Fire TV.
Casting also works through Googles desktop Chrome browser if you have the installed. This lets you mirror any browser tab, which is great for playing music through your home entertainment setup, and for viewing photos on the big screen from sites like Facebook. Tab mirroring also works with video sites, such as Hulu.com, though performance can be choppy and audio is prone to latency. Some websites, including YouTube, support native Casting, which eliminates these problems.
YouMap supports mirroring Chrome browser tabs on video sites like Hulu.com.
Still, I was pleasantly surprised by how many apps did work. Heres a list of apps that ran successfully when casting from my iPhone 6 Plus:
Connecting Your Phone To Your TV
In this month’s technical article, we will outline step-by-step instructions for mirroring your smartphone screen straight through your media player and onto your TV quickly and easily. Join us as we go in-depth to explore different types of streaming devices, and how to get them all synced up with your smartphone. We have you covered whether you have an Android, iPhone or a Windows phone. The process of screen mirroring occurs when you wirelessly create an exact replica of your smartphone or tablet’s screen and transfer it straight to your TV. Before you begin, make sure that your mobile device’s operating system is updated to the latest version. For newer phones, the most current updates are iOS 9.3, Android Marshmallow 6.0 and Windows 10. Here we go!
Android to Roku
iPhone to RokuWindows Phone to RokuAndroid to Apple TViPhone to Apple TV
How To Mirror Windows 10 To An Amazon Firestick
Windows 10, the newest version of the Windows OS, has Miracast enabled by default This is important as this is what will connect you to the Fire TV. The steps are quite similar to casting using an Android in regards to the Fire TV settings, with a few differences to connecting with a PC.
Recommended Reading: How Do I Airplay To My TV
Setting Up Your Firestick For Mirroring
First, youll need to set up your Fire TV stick to mirroring mode so it can accept video from other devices. To do this,
- Press and hold the Home button on your Firestick remote for 5 seconds.
- A menu should show up. Select Mirroring
- A dialog will pop up showing your devices name. This name will be used while casting from other devices.
How To Cast Content From Android Apps
On your phone, navigate to the content you want to view. This can be in any app, but not all apps support casting. You’ll find a , and we’ve put together a list of the best Chromecast apps to use.
In the app, look for an icon that looks like a rectangle with a Wi-Fi symbol in the bottom left corner. Tap this, and you’ll see a list of devices to which you can cast. Tap on your Chromecast, Fire TV or actual TV to stream the content to your TV. While youre watching it, all of the controls remain on your phone and when youre finished just tap the Cast icon once more and select the Disconnect option.
One of the advantages of Chromecast is that while you have control over the content via your phone, youre free to open other apps and get on with things on the device without it affecting the playback on the TV. When youre finished with the content, tap the Chromecast icon again to stop casting.
You May Like: How To Install Disney Plus On Lg Smart TV
Cast Photos And Videos On Your Android Device To Amazon Fire TV Stick
To stop casting,
Note: AllCasts free version only offers you 5-minute casting. If you want unlimited mirroring, then you should purchase the Premium version for $4.99.
How To Cast To Firestick From Windows 10
- Click on the Notifications icon in the taskbar on your PC.
- Click on Connect
- You should see a list of devices in the notifications pane, with your Fire TV stick in it. Click on Connect. Your screen should now be mirrored to your TV.
By default, your PC will cast in Duplicate mode ie. as a mirroring device.;However, you can go back to the;Connect menu, click on Projection Settings, and change the projection mode to Extended. This will let you use your TV as a secondary display. This is quite handy when giving presentations, for example, or when you want some extra screen space.
This is how to cast to firestick. You can disconnect your Firestick from your devices at any time by pressing any button on your Fire TV remote. Read Next, Roblox Error Code 277.
Read Also: How To Update Apps On Samsung Smart TV
How To Cast To Firestick From Android Phone/tablet
Nowadays, Amazon Fire TV Stick is used by millions of people all over the world. It is used to stream content from Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and more. You can also stream movies, TV shows and sports from your smartphone to Firestick. Now we will see how to cast to Firestick from Android phone or tablet in detail.
There is an option to the Firestick users that can be used to cast their content from your smartphone to TV with the help of the Firestick casting option.
S To Cast Samsung Phones To Fire TV Stick
The casting procedure of the Samsung devices is a bit different than the Stock Android. Because the Samsung phones are based on the One UI Skin, The users of Samsung and Fire TV Stick can follow below to do this operation.
- First, unlock your Samsung phone and pull the notification panel down.
- Now, tap on the smart view option .
- Same as Stock Android, it will also turn on the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth option automatically.
- The phone will now start searching for the nearby casting device.
- Now, find out your FireStick name and give a tap on it to start the connection.
- Within a few seconds, your Samsung phone will start casting to the Firestick.
Note:;The name Smart View is only available in Samsung smartphones instead of the Casting or Mirroring option. In other skin-based phones like OnePlus, Realme, etc., have their custom names. Even though the names are different, the process is the same as above.
Read Also: How To Screen Share To Samsung TV
Integrate Mx Player On Teatv
1. Install MX Player on your streaming device using URL:;troypoint.com/mx;in Downloader or follow guide below:
2. Open TeaTV, then search for the content you want to play. For this example we used Night of the Living Dead.
3. Click Watch Now.
4. Select Play with external video player.
5. Select MX Player.
6. Once you choose MX Player, hover over and click Always to set as your default player.
7. Thats it! You can now enjoy using MX Player as your default player.
Airscreen Details & Extras
Airscreen provides a few extra options within the app that is perfect for Firestick users. Categories provided include Start, Media Servers, Recordings, Settings, & Help.
The Recording feature is extremely easy to use and can be done using just your firestick remote for both Video & Audio.
The Settings tab provides plenty of options to cater to your needs. I suggest checking this category out to get the most out of this awesome app.
You will also see the option Operating Systems compatible with Airscreen under the âHelpâ category. This includes macOS, Android, and Windows.
Using your favorite device to cast to firestick is a great way to mirror your phone/tablet right to your tv. Let us know why you Cast to Firestick in the comment section below!
Recommended Reading: How To Mirror iPhone To Philips TV
Cast Kodi From Android To TV Via Googles Chromecast Device
If you have Googles Chromecast plugged into your TV, youll need to use the Google Home app to cast your screen. So, heres what needs to be done.
- In case you havent done that already, to your smartphone.
- Make sure that your phone and your TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Google Home app by tapping on its icon.
- You should see your TV now, after a few seconds of scanning. Select your TV.
- Finally, tap on Cast My Screen > Cast Screen.
- Feel free to use Kodi as you usually would, as you should see your Android phones contents on your TVs screen.
To stop casting, go to Google Home again. Select your TV, and then tap on Stop Mirroring. This should break the connection between your phone and your TV.
How To Cast To Firestick From Ios
To cast firestick from iOS, you need to install a third-party application from the app store. In this case, we take air screen as it is free and easy to use.
Step 1 On your firestick device, choose the Airscreen option from the search option and download it and wait for it to get installed.
Step 2 After it gets installed, now open it and find settings.
Step 3 In the settings, select the device name and enter your firestick device name.
Step 4 From your iOS device, open the control center and select the Screen Mirroring and select your device name. It will show the mark option after being done.
Also Check: When Is The French Open On TV
Get More Video Links With Real
As mentioned earlier, TeaTV has the ability to add Real-Debrid for more streaming links.
The following screenshot tutorial will show you how to set up Real-Debrid in TeaTV.
Real-Debrid is an unrestricted downloader that adds high-quality stream options to content on TeaTV.; These new sources should provide better playback with less buffering.
Real-Debrid is a premium service that costs approximately $5 per month, which is less than a small popcorn at the movie theater.
1.;Register for;Real-Debrid Account
2. Scroll over to the left side of the screen until the menu appears.
3. Scroll down and click Setting.
4. Scroll down and select Login to Real-Debrid.
5. This screen will then appear. Be sure to remember this code.
6. Open an Internet browser on any device and go to and type in code from above and click Continue.
7. Your Real-Debrid application is now approved!
8. Your Real-Debrid status will now say Connected.
9. You will now have access to additional video streams identified in a different colored font with the abbreviation ; these should provide buffer-free playback. Enjoy!
How To Mirror Mac To An Amazon Firestick
Unsurprisingly, the iPhone and Mac share similar steps when connecting to a Fire TV device. AirScreen is still the main application needed to stream to the Firestick. Follow the steps below to accomplish this:
Recommended Reading: How To Screen Play On TV
How To Stream Video From Android To Amazon Fire TV With Allcast
Amazon’s Fire TV allows you to stream digital media to it from a Kindle Fire HDX. That’s all well and good if you have a Fire HDX tablet which runs Fire OS, Amazon’s forked version of Android. But if you own a typical Android smartphone or tablet, you need to rely on other methods to stream your content to the Fire TV. AllCast is a popular app for streaming your digital content from Android to a wide variety of set-top boxes, game consoles, and it supports the Fire TV.
Reflector 4 For Macos And Windows
Reflector 4 turns Mac or Windows devices into AirPlay, Google Cast or Miracast receivers. Wirelessly mirror and record iPhones, iPads, Chromebooks, Android devices and Windows tablets on a bigger screen.
AirPlay, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Mac and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. Google Cast, Android, Chromecast and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Surface and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Miracast is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance. Reflector 2, Reflector 3, Reflector Teacher, AirParrot 2, Ditto, Squirrels and the accompanying logos are trademarks of Squirrels LLC registered in the United States and other countries.
How Do I Pair My Fire Stick Remote
Fire TV Quick Tips
- Hold down the Select button for 5 seconds to put the remote into pair mode.
- Hold down the Select + Play buttons together for 5 seconds to Restart the device.
- Restart the device: Settings > System > Restart, then once restarted unplug the power cable for 5 seconds then plug back in.
What Are Some Useful Pieces Of Software To Help With Mirroring Devices
As indicated above, the PC and Android have Miracast enabled by default. This casting protocol is usually the only thing you need to be able to cast using these two devices. If you can not seem to make them work, then the Google Apps indicated above, namely AllCast, Cast TV, and Cast Videos may work for you.
For Apple iOS and macOS, the AirScreen app available from the Fire TV menu itself enables mirroring quite well.
You May Like: How To Stream Oculus Quest To TV Without Chromecast
How To Cast To Firestick From Android Pc Laptop And Ios Devices
Nowadays, the casting devices like Fire TV Stick are gaining huge popularity, and they are awesome as well. Casting is not an easy process on all devices for unknown people. Theres some small trick to cast from any smart device to the Fire TV Stick. Now, lets see the possible ways to Cast to Firestick from Android, PC, Laptop, and iOS devices.
Steps to Cast a SmartPhone/Tablet or PC to Fire TV Stick
Now, lets have a bit overview of the basic steps to be done on the Fire TV Stick before casting or mirroring any device. Before going ahead, make sure to follow all the steps as mentioned below as it is an important process.
Setup in Fire TV Stick
- First and foremost, we need to bring the display options menu on FireStick. To do that, press and hold the Home Button on your FireStick for a couple of seconds. A few options like Apps, Sleep, Mirroring, and Settings will be displayed there.
- Now, select Mirroring and click on confirm button.
- A window will be displayed on Firestick with the device name under the phone & TV icons.
Users need to keep the screen constant and follow the different methods to connect Firestick to their selected device.