Vizio TV Not Turning On
If your Vizio TV does not turn on, then it may be a consequence of loose fitted connections or faulty components in your Vizio TV.
To resolve this issue, try the following steps to diagnose the culprit of the underlying problem:
- First of all, check whether all the connections are tightly fitted because loose connections with the power outlet can hamper its ability to function.
- If your Vizio TV still does not turn on, it may signify a faulty or damaged component inside the power supply. In this condition, you have to take your Vizio TV to an authorized repair center to diagnose the actual problem.
How To Add Apps To Vizio Smart TV Using Via Plus
If your VIZIO smart TV is running the VIA Plus platform, you can install apps on your VIZIO smart TV easily. Just follow these directions:
- Press the V button twice on your remote.
- A list of installed apps will be displayed under the My Apps tab.
- Navigate through the Featured, Latest, All Apps, and Categories tabs to locate the app you want to install.
- Press and hold the OK button until the name of the app you want to install appears in the My Apps list.
How To Connect Laptop To Vizio Smart TV Wireless Hdmi
Get the best of both worlds with a wireless HDMI the power and transmitting speeds of HDMI minus any cables!
You will need to buy a wireless HDMI kit that includes a transmitter for your laptop and a receiver for your Smart TV.
Step 1: Connect the transmitter to your laptop via the USB port.
Step 2: Connect the receiver to your VIZIO Smart USB port and start streaming!
Step 3: Click on Project, then select Add Wireless display.
Also Check: Is Tudn Free
How Do I Update Apps On My Older Vizio TV
The original system for adding apps to Vizio Smart TVs was called VIA, which stood for Vizio Internet Apps.
Vizio TV Problems & How To Troubleshoot Them
Here is the list of the most commonly occurring problems that many users face on their Vizio TVs.
- Vizio TV shows only a blank screen
- Remote control issues
- No signal or tuner has not been set up error
- Vizio TV Wi-Fi connection problem
- Vizio TV is having sound issues
- TV has a partial dark screen
- Vizio smart cast is not working
- TV screen flickering or blinking
- Vizio TV not turning on
We will discuss and recommend each problem and its possible solution in detail.
Don’t Miss: Peacock App Apple TV
How To Cast From A Laptop/pc To A Vizio TV
Using SmartCast, you can connect your laptop or PC to your TV.
Alternatively, you can also use an HDMI cable to connect your PC to your TV.
Using The Remote With The Input Menu
When the Input menu opens, you can use the up and down arrows on the remote to choose the input you would like to use. Press the OK button to confirm your pick. If your screen is not showing a picture, then clicking on the TV input may switch to whatever means you pick up your TV shows, such as via satellite or cable.
You May Like: How To Connect Sanyo TV To Wifi
What If Vizio Doesnt Have An App You Want
Dont worry, you still have options. One of the best is SmartCasts native support for Google Chromecast, which means if there is an app that supports Chromecast, you can cast it directly to your Vizio TV without needing to worry about getting an extra Chromecast device.
Step 1: Make sure your streaming app of choice is Chromecast-enabled and fully updated on your mobile device.
Step 2: Open up an app for playback and select the Cast button, which looks like a small TV rectangle with a Wi-Fi signal in the corner. The Cast button may be located in different spots depending on what device or platform youre using.
Step 3: Wait for your mobile device to detect your Vizio SmartCast TV. The Cast button will change color, indicating a successful connection. Start playing to stream your content to the TV. Selecting the Cast button again will allow you to Disconnect whenever you want.
What Is Source Not Supported Mode On Samsung TV
The PC Mode Not Supported error is the result of a miscommunication between a Samsung LCD TV and a connected computer. Essentially, the computer settings and television settings are misaligned, and the picture does not display. Adjusting the settings to match the display size often fixes the problem.
Recommended Reading: Vizio Screen Sharing
How To Set Up Chromecast On Vizio TV
Google Chromecast is a streaming technology by Google and is widely used by people to stream content from their devices to their big screens. Vizio TVs proprietary SmartCast feature has Chromecast built-in and is already set up. This feature makes casting on your device so much easier as all Android devices and PCs can now connect to your device without any extra hardware. Follow the following instructions to connect your tablet/mobile to your TV using Chromecast:
Apart from Chromecast, you can also connect your mobile and tablet devices to your TV using Vizios app.
Casting To Lg And Vizio TVs Tips
Here are some steps that will help resolve the most common problems with casting to an LG TV or Vizio TV . If you are trying to cast to a Google Chromecast, Samsung TV, or use Apple AirPlay, then please check the articles in this section for those devices.
Casting a live event? For the best results when casting a live event from your mobile app, we recommend starting the cast, then selecting the live stream.
Apple Mobile devices with iOS 14 or later, need to give local network access to the MotorTrend app so it can connect to the TV. Go to your devices settings, scroll down to the MotorTrend app, and under Allow MotorTrend to Access make sure that the slider for Local Network access is enabled.
Already have your LG or Vizio TV set up for casting but the casting icon is missing in the mobile app? Please close and restart the MotorTrend app after you make any changes so it can recheck for a device to cast to. Here are some things to try:
Also Check: Apple TV Peacock App
Connect To Vizio TV With A Digital Adapter
This method is best used with an iOS device like an iPhone or iPad. It involves using a “middle man” device like a digital adapter that converts your screen into an image transferable through your lighting connection. The video is then converted through an HDMI input/output directly into your Vizio TV.
The upside is the fast, high-quality image. The downside is that you have to be physically connected for this to work. You can get extensions from your local electronics or big box store so your iPhone can be mirrored to your Vizio TV from the comfort of your couch.
Let’s see how to do it!
- First, connect your lightning digital AV to your iPhone. This is a white box with a cable coming out of it. There are inputs for HDMI and for lightning connections. This way, you can charge your iPhone while it is mirroring.
- Then, connect your adapter to your Vizio TV using the HDMI cable.
- If you’ve connected everything correctly, your iPhone screen should start automatically appearing on the Vizio TV. And you can stream anything you’d like from your iPhone directly to your Vizio TV.
How To Connect A Laptop To A Vizio Smart TV Wirelessly
How about how to connect a laptop to Vizio smart TV wirelessly? You can use the inbuilt Cast extension on the Chrome browser to stream content from your laptop.
Make sure to update your Chrome browser before proceeding with the following steps:
- Connect the laptop and Vizio smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network
- Open the Chrome browser on your laptop
- Select Cast
- On the Cast to dropdown, select Cast Desktop
- Select your Vizio TV
The chrome page will appear on your TV and you can now watch your content on the screen.
Don’t Miss: How To Put Discovery Plus On Lg TV
Can Smartcast Be Added To Older Vizio TV
SmartCast update coming to older Vizio TVs as well
As to be expected, all of the 2020 TVs will come loaded with the all-new SmartCast 4.0 platform. However, Vizio has also confirmed the same upgrade will be rolling out to a number of existing Vizio TVs as well.
Can I add SmartCast to my Vizio TV? Yes you can. Just download the SmartCast mobile app on their device- and follow the same steps.
No Signal Or Tuner Has Not Been Setup Error
Error messages can be annoying but are not hard to fix.
If you are receiving messages like No signal, Tuner has not been set up, or No channels in the master list on your Vizio TV screen, you need to follow these steps.
- Check that all cables are connected properly to both the TV and the input devices.
- Check that the input device is turned on many error messages can be resolved simply by turning on the device.
- If you are using the antenna and coaxial cable from the wall or a satellite box connected to the TV, press the input button on the TV remote and make sure that the input selected is TV input. If the input button on the remote is not selected, press it until the TV or DTV option is selected. Here you may receive a message that Tuner has not been set up simply press OK to scan. It will scan all the channels in a few minutes.
Also Check: How To Get Local Channels On Apple TV
Using The Project Feature
In this case your whole laptop appears on the TV the same way you would connecting your PC to the projector. Windows has the Project feature which enables you connect to an external display in this case your TV either using wired means like HDMI or wireless via WiFi.
Then you choose to duplicate or extend your screen. Its better you extend so that you can have two screens showing or doing different things. With this method, media still plays on your computer via whatever multimedia player you have installed, but the display happens on the TV.
This method is the options if you want to play media files that your TV doesnt natively support. Most TVs support mostly MP4 and MKVs so if you instance have a movie in AVI, it wont play using the TVs Media player.
2021Update: We made a video tutorial on how you can mirror cast your Windows 10 laptop to a Smart TV. In this tutorial I use my Asus Windows 10 laptop to project my screen the Roku TCL S4 Smart TV.
How To Add Apps On A Via Or Via+ TV
As of December 2, 2019, Netflix longer works on some Vizio 2012-2014 model year smart TVs with Vizio Internet Apps or Apps Plus. Contact tech support for your TV model for more details. It might be time to purchase a new Vizio TV that can work with VIA or VIA+, so you don’t miss out on more channels or streaming services.
With VIA and VIA+, a selection of apps is already preinstalled, such Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, YouTube, Pandora, and iHeart Radio, but you can add many more apps from the Vizio App Store. On some models, you can also add the .
Here’s how to add more apps on smart TVs with Via and VIA+:
Click the V button your Vizio TV remote control to get to the apps home menu.
Next, highlight the app you want to add that is not already on your list.
For TVs that have VIA, press OK and scroll to Install App. After the app installs it is be added to your viewing selection.
For TVs that have VIA+, press and hold OK until the app has been added to the My Apps list.
Installed apps display a colored star in the top-right hand corner of the app icon.
To select and play content from an installed app, click on its associated icon using the TV’s remote control.
Recommended Reading: How To Stop Window Glare On TV
View All Of Vizios Apps
Gone are the days of needing to search out and download a specific app to your Vizio TV. Now, SmartCast will make sure that all supported apps are available to you. It may take an update to add any recent apps, which is why its important to start by connecting the TV to the internet. Then you can take a look at your options.
Step 1: Press the Home button on the remote to head to the SmartCast home screen. If you don’t have a Home button, look for an Input or Menu button that will allow you to choose SmartCast from a list.
Step 2: Head to the app section, and look for an option to show All Available Apps. Some SmartCast formats may be a little different here and may not have the same categories, but when in doubt you can always use the search function to look for a specific app. SmartCast has dozens of apps to choose from, including popular streamers like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, Apple TV+, and Disney+. It also has popular TV channels like Fox Now, Peacock, CBS Sports, and The CW. A wide variety of additional apps, from Plex to Funimation, are also here. Its a big list!
Step 3: Choose whichever app you want. It will automatically take you to the login screen for you to enter your account information, so make sure you have that handy. Otherwise, apps should be a breeze to start using. SmartCast will note what apps you are using, and you can shift apps around in your App Row for easier access.
What To Do If Chromecast Not Working With Vizio Smart TV
There are several reasons why the Chromecast device is not loading on your Smart TV. These issues are common, and they can be fixed with the simple steps mentioned below.
Check whether you have plugged in your Chromecast properly with the device cable.
Make sure the Wi-Fi is working.
Connect your casting device and Chromecast with the same Wi-Fi router and keep the router close.
Restart your Chromecast device.
Update the app or Chrome browser.
Reset your Chromecast device to factory settings.
Smartcast is one of the best features of Vizio TV. With Smartcast, you can cast all sorts of content from all platforms, including Android and iPhone. If the in-built cast option is not available, then try the Vizio Smart Cast application Chromecast videos on your TV.
Why Cant I Cast To My Vizio Smart TV
There is a fair possibility that your VIZIO TV doesnt even have widescreen mirroring if it is not labelled as a Smart TV. With streaming platforms such as YouTube and Netflix, specific VIZIO versions have selective screencasting, so you might not get the display mirroring opportunity in that case.
If you know your TV allows monitor mirroring, but it isnt running, youll need to diagnose the issue. The next step is to see if mirroring is feasible with the Television, after which youll need to see if its viable with the smartphone. Try the following steps to resolve the issue.
- Make doubly sure your SmartCast Gadget is paired to a single channel.
- Ensure the app from which youre casting is updated.
- Consider rebooting all devices unless the app still cant mirror. To perform that, switch off the SmartCast Screen or Sound System, and then turn on the control unit.
- Disconnect the routers cord for 10 seconds, and plug it back in. Pause 1-2 minutes for your router to pop back. When this is all completed, begin cast the app once more.
- The SmartCast Monitor, wireless connectivity, and control system are all functional if another program is mirroring. Its most likely a problem with the application at this stage. For more assistance, email the applications developer regarding the issue.
- Attempt to cast from a separate unit. It could be a concern with the control system if other devices will cast to the SmartCast Monitor. For more details, contact your devices manufacturer.