Choose The Right Plan
At the next screen, click on “See the plans” and youll be presented with three payment options: Basic, Standard and Premium. This decision will dictate the picture quality of your Netflix stream and the number of devices you will be able to watch Netflix on at the same time.
- The Basic pack is priced at $9.99 a month. This pack will only allow for one device to stream Netflix at any given time. So, if you can foresee multiple people in the house wanting to watch different programs simultaneously, this one might not be for you. This pack is also restricted from streaming high-definition quality videos.
- The Standard pack is priced at $13.99 and allows for two devices under the one account to stream Netflix at the same time. It also supports high-definition video. This pack would suit households with differing viewing preferences.
- The Premium pack is aimed more towards larger households with a variety of gadgets. At $19.99 per month, the Premium pack allows four different devices to stream Netflix at once, and supports Ultra HD streaming. Ultra HD televisions are relatively new to the market, so be sure to check the compatibility of your device before signing up to this one.
Things to consider
Stream Netflix From iPhone To TV With Cables/connectors
As mentioned above, you need to spend a few bucks to buy cables or connectors, so that you can connect your iPhone to the TV.
Apple itself manufactures a lightning digital AV adapter, and using this adapter is one of the easiest ways to stream Netflix from your iPhone to TV. Since Apple uses its proprietary lightning cable, you cannot use any other AV adapter. You need to buy Apples lightning to digital AV adapter.
Once you get this product, you can connect your iPhone to this adapter, which has a port to connect HDMI cable. Thus, you also need an HDMI cable, which can be connected to your smart TV. When you connect the HDMI cable to your TV, you can see your device on your TV. Now you can watch your apps, videos, and other contents stored on your iPhone or iPad.
Use Chromecast to Watch Netflix Contents from iPhone to TV
Chromecast is one of the cheapest solutions to cast your Netflix contents from iPhone to TV. It gives you an AirPlay-like experience. There are some excellent options available on Amazon, which offers you third-generation Chromecast as well as Chromecast Ultra.
Remember, Chromecst does not come with remote control you can turn up/down volume and playback using your iPhone or iPad. It is super easy to connect your Netflix from iPhone to a smart TV. When you unbox the product, you can find an instruction manual inside you can follow the instructions from the manual to use Chromecast.
Why Is Netflix Not Compatible With My TV
Uninstall your current Netflix app. Then restart your smart TV and install the genuine Netflix app from the Play Store. However, if the Netflix app is not visible in the Play Store, this indicates your Android TV is not compatible with Netflix. The only solution is to use a different device to stream Netflix.
Read Also: Stream From iPad To Samsung TV
Connecting A Laptop To A TV Via Hdmi
You can download the Netflix app to your laptop or use the web browser, and then use an HDMI cable to connect it to your TV. Make sure that you have an available electric socket nearby since your laptop will consume power and would have to stay on for longer than usual.
Make sure that your TV has an HDMI input available and your laptop has an HDMI output. All newer TVs and laptops should have it. However, some MacBooks dont, but you can get a Mini Display Port- or Thunderbolt-to-HDMI adapter.
With that out of the way, follow these steps:
If the sound is coming from your laptop instead of the TV, or if you dont hear anything at all, youll have to change the sound source on your laptop.
For a PC, you can:
This should change the default sound output to your TV via the HDMI cable.
How To Watch Netflix On Chromecast
Google’s Chromecast works differently to most connected devices. Rather than have its own app store and user interface on the device itself, it works with smartphone or tablet apps in order to control the shows and films you want to watch.
A Chromecast plugs into a TV’s HDMI port and you open the Netflix app on your phone or tablet. You will spy a Chromecast icon at the top of the screen. Tap it and it links with your Chromecast dongle. Then, after starting a show or movie, tap the same icon at the top of the video again and it will start to play on your TV instead.
You can then use your mobile device as the remote control. You can also use it for anything else you fancy, such as make calls or browse the internet, as Chromecast streams the video over the internet directly. It doesn’t stream the content from your phone or tablet.
The Chromecast Ultra will play content in 4K Ultra HD and with HDR.
Recommended Reading: Samsung Smart TV Watchespn
Connect Devices Via Hdmi
Dont have a streaming device or gaming console?
Dont lose your hope yet! As theres one remaining *sneaky* way to stream Netflix on your non-smart TV.
And thats by using your non-smart TV as a second screen of your laptop and PC.
Basically, youll stream Netflix on your laptop or PC. And youd use your non-smart TV as a bigger projection screen.
Meaning, youd be able to control your Netflix app through your laptop or computer. And not using the TV.
Before you begin, you have to prepare the following:
- Non-smart TV with HDMI port.
- Laptop or PC that has a video-out port.
What are the drawbacks of using HDMI connections when streaming Netflix?
Since it doesnt directly stream Netflix on your TV, it has a few cons, including:
- It doesnt support Autoplay.
- It doesnt support interactive content.
- It requires an external device to control Netflix.
- It may produce black bars around the video since it has an inconsistent display.
Sure, it can be a hassle
But its the simplest and most affordable way to stream Netflix on non-smart TV. So, its still a win!
To stream Netflix via HDMI connection:
But my TV doesnt mirror my laptop screen
If thats the case, you have to fix its screen mirror settings first.
See the instructions below to know how.
For Windows PCs:
Accessing Netflix On A Google Chromecast
To connect your Chromecast to your Netflix account, make sure you have connected your Chromecast to your TV and Wi-Fi network, then follow the steps below. Your mobile device or computer must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast. For information or assistance connecting your Chromecast to your TV and/or Wi-Fi network, see .
Launch the Netflix app on your Android or Apple mobile device, or visit the Netflix website from your Chrome browser.
Once youre signed in, select the Cast icon from the upper right or lower right side of the screen.
Select your Chromecast from the list of available devices to launch the Netflix app on your TV.
Select a TV show or movie to watch and press Play.
Your Chromecast will now be connected to your Netflix account and ready for viewing.
You May Like: How To Get Philo On Smart TV
Watch Netflix Through Laptop/pc:
At first, we should buy a HDMI cable for connecting your TV and Laptop for streaming Movies on your TV.
If you already got the cable connect the HDMI cable one side to the back of the TV and connect another end to your laptop/pc.
Laptop /Pc should have an internet connection and should maintain Netflix app in it.
Most of the Windows laptops have built HDMI ports, in case if you are using MacBook you can see Mini DisplayPort, connect Mini DisplayPort to HDMI.
Now change the HDMI inputs on your TV, match the HDMI1,2 or 3 to your ports, set and recognize which input hooked to your laptop.
After that, you can see the mirroring of TV Screen in Laptop.Now you can stream Netflix from your Laptop/PC.
Watch Netflix Through Streaming Devices:
If you do not have Laptop/PC, Smart TVs you can even use Streaming Devices like Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick and other Chromecast alternatives. For connecting your TV to your streaming devices, you should get a first internet connection through WiFi.
Latest streaming devices mostly have Netflix app which is inbuilt one.
If any of your streaming devices do not have Netflix app you should manually install the Netflix app and change the settings to watch Netflix through TV.
Don’t Miss: Can You Watch Local TV On Apple TV
What Is Netflix And How Much Does It Cost
Netflix is an online streaming service with 1,000s of TV shows and movies available to watch instantly. They are streamed over an internet connection to a wide variety of devices, including TVs, tablets, phones, games consoles and set-top boxes. You can also watch Netflix films or programming on a computer.
It is a subscription service with one monthly fee. Depending on which subscription plan you opt for, you can watch Netflix on multiple devices at the same time. You can also opt to watch video in different quality settings, depending on your subscription: standard, high and 4K Ultra HD.
There are three different subscription plans:
- Basic: £5.99/$8.99 a month enables you to watch standard definition video on just one device at a time.
- Standard: £8.99/$12.99 a month enables you to watch high definition video on up to two devices at the same time.
- Premium: £11.99/$15.99 a month enables you to watch 4K Ultra HD video on up to four devices at the same time.
Almost all shows and films are available in HD, many are now available in 4K Ultra HD too. They all come with HDR10 for most TVs or Dolby Vision for TVs that support it.
Connect Netflix To TV Using A Media Player Game Console Blu
Numerous devices are capable of streaming Netflix, some of which you may already have in your home. These include:
- Game Consoles: PlayStation and Xbox consoles also have Netflix apps. You can download it from the PlayStation Store or the Microsoft Store. Nintendo’s current console, the Switch, doesn’t support Netflix at this time, but older consoles like the 3DS and Wii U do.
- Cable TV Set-Top Boxes: Some cable providers offer Netflix as part of a package, including Dish, RCN, and Xfinity. The Xfinity X1 set-top box has an entertainment platform where users can access the app. Other providers offer Netflix as another channel in their lineup. Contact your local provider for more details.
- Blu-Ray Players: Brands including LG, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, and Toshiba include a Netflix option on their players. In most cases, users can access it through the player’s video menu.
- Laptops: You can watch Netflix on your computer, of course, and you can also connect that screen to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Media Players: Devices like the Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, and Nvidia Shield have Netflix apps. Depending on the device, Netflix may already be installed, or you might have to visit the company’s app store to download it. On Apple TV, you can opt-in to be billed for Netflix through iTunes rather than directly through Netflix.
Don’t Miss: Does Screen Mirroring Work Without Wifi
Connecting A Laptop To A Non
You will need an HDMI cable for this purpose. Make sure your TV must have an HDMI port. Your laptop must include a video-out port to establish this connection.
Steps to Follow
- Connect your laptop to the TV via HDMI cable
- On your TV remote, press the Input button.
- Select HDMI option
- Launch the Netflix app on your laptop and start watching it on your TV
Note: If youre unable to see Netflix images on a TV, press WIN+P from your laptop. You might see only the video without sound. If this happens, you have to adjust your laptops sound settings. Change the external speaker settings.
How to Adjust Windows Sound Settings?
- Type WIN+R on your laptop and go to the command prompt.
- Enter the mmsys.cpl command.
- On the Playback tab, select the TV icon.
- Now, the Set Default button will be active. Could you select it and press OK?
Connect Netflix To A TV From Your Phone Using A Chromecast
Smart TV apps aren’t always the best solution. Depending on the quality of your television’s hardware, the app could be slow and buggy. So, what other options are out there? If you have a smartphone or tablet, you could buy a Chromecast dongle and cast Netflix directly from the mobile version of the app.
To cast from Netflix to your Chromecast, open the Netflix app, and tap on the cast icon in the upper right-hand corner. You will see a list of all your available devices. Tap on one to connect to it. The connection process will take a few seconds to complete.
Note: Before you buy a Chromecast, check your TV’s handbook. Many newer models have the technology built-in. Some set-top boxes, such as the Nvidia Shield, also offer it natively.
You May Like: How To Cast Onto Vizio TV
What To Do If You Dont Have An Hdmi Cable
If you prefer to watch Netflix on a bigger screen, you can always cast it to your TV via media adapters like Chromecast. The digital era is bringing us more cord-free technology and casting is one of those services. Free to use and available with most devices you can easily mirror your laptop or smartphone screen directly to a device that is connected to your TV already.
Dont see the cast icon? Its likely you arent connected to wifi. Toggle wifi on and back off again, then you should be good to go.
How Do I Activate Netflix On My TV
If your device generates an activation code, enter the code on the Netflix website:
What is the cheapest way to get Netflix on my TV? The Cheapest Ways to Get Netflix on Your TV
You May Like: Peloton App On Lg Smart TV
Different Apps To Watch Netflix On TV
It is difficult to watch Netflix movies together if your friends are far away from you. You can now enjoy the Netflix services through a different mobile app while you are in video chatting or video calling. Till now we have seen some ways to watch Netflix on TV, but now we can see the app to watch the Netflix content through mobile apps.
Use Netflix With The Xbox 360
The steps for adding Netflix to an Xbox 360 are different from the Xbox One consoles.
Navigate to Apps and select Netflix to download the app.
Once downloaded, navigate to the Apps section, then select the Netflix tile.
Select Sign In.
Enter your Netflix email address and password and select Sign in again.
Your Xbox is now connected to your Netflix account.
Read Also: Frndly On Samsung TV
Watch Netflix On A Smart TV
These days, many large flat screen televisions double as “smart TVs” they come with a built-in media player that lets you connect to popular video services like Netflix, Hulu, , and many others via on-screen apps.
If you have a smart TV, all you need to do is subscribe to Netflix and log in via the app on your TV.
Apple TV 2 Or Apple TV 3
To connect your Apple TV 2 or 3 to your Netflix account, make sure you are on the Home screen and follow the steps below.
From the main Apple TV menu, select Netflix.
Select Already A Member? Sign in.
If you are not yet a member, set up your membership on the Netflix sign up page.
Enter your Netflix email and password.
Your device is now connected to your Netflix account.
Read Also: How To Get Tudn