Network And Internet Connection Benefits
When a smart TV is connected to the internet and a home network, you have access to one or more of the following:
- Firmware and software updates:Keep your TV updated with the latest fixes and features.
- Streaming services:Get access to video and music streaming services, such as Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, and more, depending on the brand and model.
- Local network content access: Play videos, still images, and music from PCs or media servers on your network.
- Remote management and support: The tech support staff for your TV may be able to take control of your TV to fix setting issues, depending on the brand and model.
- Control of smart home devices:Some smart TVs can be used with Alexa, , or SmartThings that allow it to control, or be controlled by, other devices.
How To Connect Your Pc To Your TV Wirelessly
This article was written by Yaffet Meshesha and by wikiHow staff writer, Nicole Levine, MFA. Yaffet Meshesha is a Computer Specialist and the Founder of Techy, a full-service computer pickup, repair, and delivery service. With over eight years of experience, Yaffet specializes in computer repairs and technical support. Techy has been featured on TechCrunch and Time. This article has been viewed 203,949 times.
This wikiHow teaches you how to connect your Windows PC to your television without any cables. If you have a Smart TV with Chromecast or Miracast built in , you can generally mirror anything on your PC’s screen to your TV. If you have a TV that doesn’t support Chromecast or Miracast but does have the ability to connect to a wireless network, you can use a streaming device like Roku or the standalone Chromecast so you can connect it to your PC wirelessly.
To Disconnect From TV
Step 1: Navigate to Settings app > System> Display.
Step 2: Click Connect to a Wireless display link to reveal the Connect pane. Click Disconnect to disconnect your laptop from the TV or display.
Alternatively, open the Connect pane by simultaneously pressing Windows logo and P keys, and then click Disconnect to disconnect your laptop from the TV.
You May Like: Cast Oculus Quest 2 To Firestick
How Do I Connect My TV To The Internet
We show you the easiest ways to connect your television to the Internet, your router and your computer
If you’ve recently bought new a television from a big brand like LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL, Hisense or Sony in the last year it’s likely that youre going to need to connect it to the internet in order to get the most from it.
Most brand new TVs these days rely on and use the internet to access online services like IPTV, video-on-demand movies, streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, , weather information, news updates and more. Some TVs can even access.
If you’re in a situation where youve bought one of these TVs and dont know how to connect it to the internet, fear not, we’re put together a quick guide on how to do so.
What To Do If Your TV Won’t Connect To Wi
If you can’t connect your TV to Wi-Fi, or the connection is unstable, try one, or more, of the following steps.
Move the wireless router and TV closer together, or get a Wi-Fi extender for the router and connect again using the above steps.
If the Wi-Fi connection attempts fail, and the TV and router provide an Ethernet Port, connect an Ethernet Cablefrom the router to the TV.
Depending on the TV brand and model, the Ethernet connection may be labeled Ethernet/LAN or LAN . The Ethernet cable may be referred to as a network cable.
In the TV’s network settings menu, select Wired. You may be prompted to connect the Ethernet cable.
Wait for a confirmation that the connection was successful. Upon confirmation, follow any additional prompts .
Two additional ways to connect the TV with Ethernet or Wi-Fi are the PBC and PIN setting methods. Check the owner’s manual for specific details for your TV.
If your ISP didn’t solve the problem, contact customer support for your TV for assistance.
Don’t Miss: Casting Oculus To Samsung TV
Connect Via Hdmi Cable
If you dont want to spend a notable amount on streaming devices, an HDMI cable will work just fine for you.
Nowadays, almost all laptops, smartphones, and smart televisions come with HDMI cables and adaptors. So you can directly link it with your Non-Smart TV.
Although wired connections can be inconvenient at times, they will work perfectly well for occasional use.
Moreover, it allows you to view and share home videos/pictures as it practically mirrors everything on your device.
Lets see how to connect Non-Smart TV to Wi-Fi via HDMI cable:
Confirm Whether Or Not Your Router/modem Is The Problem
The best way to rule out your modem/router as the source of the problem is to try to connect other wireless devices.
Preferably chose a device that is a similar distance from your modem/router and in the same room as your smart TV.
If this device connects seamlessly to your modem/router, the source of the issue is likely your smart TV.
If, however, other devices cannot connect to the WiFi, you should work on getting your modem/router fixed or contact your modem/router manufacturer for support.
If other devices are already clearly working and connected to your existing WiFi, try disconnecting one device and then reconnecting it.
Is the WiFi network and password youre using working for that device but not your smart TV?
If it is, you know for sure your TV is whats causing the trouble.
Also Check: How To Stream From Phone To Vizio Smart TV
Internet Does Not Work
This is the simplest reason for failure. Therefore, always start by checking other Internet-connected devices to make sure the problem is specific to the TV. If all mobile devices do not work, then the problem is that the network is not functioning and you need to contact your Internet provider for relevant information.
When the TV specifically isnt working, the first attempt at troubleshooting is to restart the device. Some devices for television Smart TV have the ability to restart the TV from the settings menu:
In order to fix the problem of bad signal, they will try to move the router to the central part of the house. If this method does not work, you can consider using a range extender that will identify the weakest points of the home.
If there are many metal objects between the device and the wireless connection, be sure to remove them as they create persistent signal interference.
Troubleshooting Your Internet Connection
The easiest way to test out if the issue is your network and not your TV is to try connecting your Samsung TV to another working network. If you currently have two networks available in your house, you can attempt to log in to a second network through the Samsung TV and check to see if the connection works. If it does, then it looks like your issue is with the specific network connection you initially tried to connect to.
Also Check: How Do I Get Discovery Plus On My Lg TV
S To Connect Mobile Hotspot To Smart TV
The steps of connecting a Mobile hotspot to smart TV are similar to how you use it to connect a Mobile hotspot to another smartphone.
Before you start with the steps, you must make sure that your mobile phone has enough data so that you can stream high-quality content on your Smart TV. If you have enough mobile data to share the internet with your Smart TV, look at the steps.
- The first step of connecting a Mobile hotspot to smart TV is to go to the network settings of your Smart TV and switch on the Wi-Fi network so that it can connect when you switch on the mobile hotspot on your smartphone.
- In the second step, you have to switch on your internet in the smartphone and then enable the mobile hotspot. It would be best if you kept your mobile hotspot encrypted with a password so that unknown devices cannot connect to your internet.
- When you enable the mobile hotspot, your devices name will appear in front of you on the smart TV. Ensure that you keep the range of distance between the smart TV and your mobile phone as less as possible so that the detection can be fast and easy.
- When you see your devices name on the smart TV, all you have to do is select and then enter the password. The password must be available on your smartphone only.
- When you enter the password, your smart TV will be connected to the mobile hotspot, and now you can stream your favorite shows on the internet on your smart TV with the help of the mobile hotspot.
How To Connect Smart TV To Wifi: Quick Guide
A long, long time ago only three television channels were available and they were all in black and white. Times sure have changed. Today your TV set can connect directly to the internet where you can find almost limitless content from all around the world.
Before you can go online from your living room youll first need to connect your Smart TV to your WiFi network. This isnt always as simple as it sounds. Well show you how to connect Smart TV to WiFi in short, clear steps anyone can understand.
Also Check: Download Discovery Plus On Lg TV
What Is Wireless Video Hdmi
It seems like the whole world has gone wireless. Now so can your HDTV using a wireless video HDMI kit. But first, what is wireless video HDMI?
It is a way to stream video or audio from your set top box, computer, Blu-ray player or gaming console to your TV without using long, cumbersome HDMI cables. Wireless Video HDMI allows you to create a simple and reliable wireless connection between your media player and your TV using a transmitter and a receiver. It gives you the flexibility of placing your TV in any room of the house regardless of where you have set up your media player. And best of all, it also eliminates your cable clutter.
ScreenBeams MyWirelessTV2 is a wireless video HDMI kit that works with most cable and satellite set-top boxes, DVD players, DVRs, Blu-ray players, Xbox and other media devices like Roku and Fire TV that have an HDMI port.
Mirroring The Slightly Technical Method
What youll need:
- Any smart device which has Android OS 4.4.2 such as a tablet or smartphone
- A TV that supports mirroring
How to connect your TV to the internet using mirroring
- Open the mirroring option on your TV set your TV to mirror (it will then await the mirroring connection
- Open the mirroring feature/launch your mirroring app on your Android device click start (please note both your TV and device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- If your TV doesnt natively support mirroring, youll need an app such as Chromecast or screencast
Read Also: Mirror Phone To TV Without Wifi
Connect To The Internet Using Wi
Connecting to Wi-Fi is the easiest and most seamless way to access the internet on your TV. Make sure you have your wireless network name and password before trying to connect.
Use the directional pad on your TV’s remote to select Settings, select General, and select Network.
Select Open Network Settings, and select the name of your Wi-Fi network.
Enter the network password, if prompted, select Done, and then select OK.
2018 models NU7100/NU710D, NU7200, and NU7300/NU730D only support 2.4 Ghz networks. They will not detect 5 Ghz networks. This will cause your Wi-Fi network to not appear on the list.
How To Connect Your Apple TV To Wi
How to connect your Apple TV to Wi-Fi without using the remote control.
Losing the remote control is something that happens more often than we would like to admit. However, when this happens with an Apple TV, it becomes more problematic, as all of its features are tied to it. However, there are solutions to this problem, and in this article, well show you how to connect Apple TV to Wi-Fi without the remote.
Don’t Miss: Airplay On Samsung TV
Using An Alternative Apple Remote
If you have another Apple TV remote, you can use it to control your current Apple TV. To do this, detach your remote from the old Apple TV by pressing and holding the Menu button and the left arrow for six seconds. If a remote control icon appears on the TV screen to which the remote control has been paired, it means that it has been unlinked.
To pair this remote with your current Apple TV, press the Menu button and the right button for six seconds. A remote control icon that appears on the TV indicates that the remote control has been paired. You can now use this remote control to set up Wi-Fi by following the steps in the instructions above.
Smart TV Firmware Update
For the TV to function correctly, it is necessary to install system updates on time. Otherwise, the most unusual problems will begin to appear. It is possible that the TV will not find the home network. The update algorithm differs depending on the smart TV manufacturer.
For Smart TV from LG, the update is carried out according to the following algorithm:
Don’t Miss: China Beach Streaming
Connect Via Hdmi Cord
If you do not consider spending a substantial amount on streaming gadgets, the HDMI cord will work best for you. It mirrors everything on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
HDMI cable, at times, can be slightly inconvenient furthermore, if you are planning to use it occasionally, youre geared up.
Moreover, several Android or iOS smartphones and laptops come with one HDMI cable and adaptor that you can link it to your TVs directly.
Netflix is so hyped these days because of the amazing and wide array of movies and TV shows it offers. Furthermore, you must be thinking about how to watch Netflix on TV via HDMI cable? If you are one of those, we have got you covered.
How Do I Get Netflix On Television Through My Laptop
I hope we have answered your question, how to get Netflix on TV?
How To Set It Up
With just a few minutes of setup, you can enjoy 1080p or even 4K HD video wirelessly. Your cable box and TV dont even need to be in the same room.
1. First, unpack the MyWireless TV2 transmitter, HDMI cable, and power adapter. Power off your set-top or cable box and plug one end of the HDMI cable into the back of that. Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the transmitter where it says HDMI Input. Now you are ready to plug the power adapter into the transmitter and a wall socket. Make sure the green power light comes on.
2. Next, get out the receiver, the other HDMI cable, and power adapter. You will plug one end of the HDMI cable into the back of your TV and the other end into the receiver where it says Out-to-TV. Now plug the receiver into the power adapter and a wall socket. Make sure the green power light is on.
3. Turn on your TV and change the input to the HDMI port you chose. Wait for a bit until the LINK light comes on SOLID green, now you are ready to use.
4. You also have the option of setting up IR support for your remote.
There you have it! Wireless streaming TV in any room of the house without running messy wires! You can now enjoy watching 1080p or even 4K HD video anytime and anywhere.
You May Like: Cast Phone To Vizio Smart TV
Connect A Usb Mouse To Your TV To Control It
Most TVs nowadays have USB ports that you can find on either the sides of the TV or on the back.
These are usually included so that you can connect your storage media, like a hard drive or a USB flash drive and play the content in those media.
Some smart TVs also support connecting a mouse and keyboard, which you can use to navigate the interface.
To find out if your TV does let you do that, get a USB keyboard and mouse and connect both to the TVs USB ports.
Use the mouse and keyboard and see if the TV detects it.
If it does, navigate to the WiFi settings of your TV and connect it to your WiFi.