How To Install And Use Add
Now that Kodi is up and running on your device, you can use it to access content. Most content comes through add-ons, which you can download either directly from the official Kodi repository or third-party repositories. For example, you can get add-ons to watch BBC iPlayer, DAZN, and Paramount+, among many others.
How you install an add-on depends on whether the add-on is from the official Kodi repository, a third-party repository, or a direct download. You can access and install all of them from the Add-ons menu in the left sidebar.
If youre not sure where to start, check out our list of the best legal Kodi add-ons. The article explains how to find and install each of them.
How To Install The Kodi On Android TV Box
Installing Kodi on Android TV Box is simple and is somewhat similar to the previous method. Heres how you install the Kodi on Android TV Box:
Winding Up The Setup Process
Step 10: When the registration is finished, FireStick will ask if you wish to save your Wi-Fi password to your Amazon account.
If you use multiple Amazon devices registered to the same Amazon account as FireStick, it would be a good idea to choose Yes to allow those devices to quickly connect to your Wi-Fi network. If you dont have any other Amazon devices and dont even intend to buy one in the future, you might just as well select No
Note: If you have reset your FireStick and setting it up again or you have already used the Amazon account with another FireStick, you may see the following prompt asking if you wish to restore your device. If you want to reinstall your apps, click the Restore button.
If you are a new FireStick customer , you will not see this prompt
Step 11: If you wish to enable Parental Controls on your FireStick, click Enable Parental Controls on the next screen. If you do so, you will be asked to set up a PIN on the subsequent window. You will need to enter the PIN for most activities on FireStick.
If you dont need Parental Controls, simply click No Parental Controls to proceed.
Step 12: You may now click Get Started and choose the apps/streaming services you wish to install before getting started with FireStick. If you want to install them later, click No Thanks
If you have a FireStick 2nd Gen with no TV control buttons on the remote, this is all you need to do to set up your device.
You May Like: How To Watch Spectrum On Computer
Step : Downloading And Installing Kodi 189 Leia Using Es File Explorer
- Open ES File Explorer
- In the left sidebar of ES File Explorer, you will see âFavoritesâ, Expand the âFavoritesâ and click âAddâ.
- Now you will be asked to enter a path and a name.
- Under path, type the following URL âhttp://www.kodi.tvâ.
- You can name it anything you like for example âKodiâ.
- Now click âOKâ and a bookmark will appear with the name you typed.
- Open the bookmark we just created.
- Navigate to the webpage using arrow keys on your Amazon Fire TV Remote.
- Select the âDownloadâ button and click it.
- You will see many versions of KODI listed there,
- First click âAndroidâ, this will open a popup box showing the current stable version of Kodi which is Kodi 17.6 Krypton.
- To get access to Kodi 18 Leia click âDevelopment Buildsâ
- Now go down and select âARMV7A â
- The download should now start automatically, if nothing happens, and thatâs completely fine, please follow the next two sub-steps to solve it.
- Once you have clicked the âARMâ button, navigate to the âMoreâ option which you will see in the lower right bottom of your screen.
- When you open âMoreâ, select âOpen in browserâ.
Step : Launching Kodi 18 Leia On Your Amazon Fire TV Stick
Now that Kodi 18 Leia has been installed on to your Amazon Fire TV Stick it can be accessed/opened by going to:
Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi > Launch Application
Once you have opened Kodi for the first time on your Amazon Fire TV Stick give it a minute or so to finish its initial loading, once that is done we are ready to start using Kodi 18 Leia on our Amazon Fire TV Stick!
Also Check: How Do You Stream Starz On Your TV
# : Use The Downloader App
This is one of the easiest ways to install applications that are not officially available for the Fire TV stick. Go to the Amazon app store, install the Downloader app and launch it.
In the upper left part, we click on Browser, and from the browser, we load the page . Select the 32-bit version for Android and download the APK file. Next, click on it and authorize the installation of Kodi. Goal achieved!
Step : Installing Es File Explorer Onto Our Amazon Fire TV Stick Which We Will Use To Install Kodi 189 Leia
To install Kodi 18.9 Leia on our Amazon Fire TV Stick we are going to be using an application called ES File Explorer.
To download and install ES File Explorer please do the following on your firestick:
- On the Fire Stick main menu, go to âSearchâ
- Type âES Explorerâ and hit enter.
- The first app to appear should have a blue icon, this is the ES File Explorer that we are looking for.
- Once the ES File Explorer app has downloaded and installed please open it.
Don’t Miss: Philips TV Apps
How To Update Kodi On Fire TV Stick
Updating to the latest version of Kodi on Fire TV Stick uses the exact same process as a fresh install with method #1 above. Just change the download URL to the latest version from the official Kodi website. When you are prompted to install the update, youll be shown any new permissions that Kodi asks for.
That being said, there are a couple of prerequisites to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- If youre upgrading from an older major version of Kodi and not just an older minor version build, such as from Leia 18 to Matrix 19, we recommend a clean install. That means uninstalling the existing Kodi app before installing the new one. More on how to uninstall below.
- If you have a skin other than the original, we recommend switching back to the original skin first. Not all skins are compatible between different versions of Kodi, and updating with one in use could cause issues such as a black screen. The original skin is called Confluence.
Option #: Use A Media Streaming Device
Installing Kodi on a Raspberry Pi model can be an enjoyable process. However, not many of us like to tinker with hardware or software. Dont worry, we have a solution for those of you looking for a simple way to install Kodi on a smart TV.
Kodi boxes are devices capable of running Kodi natively. That means they are standalone hardware units connected to smart TVs via HDMI connections. They are capable of connecting to the Internet, so you can use them for streaming aside from storing your local library of content.
With that said, we highly recommend you consider buying one of the following media streamers :
- If you like to combine high-resolution streaming with gaming, wed like to recommend checking a device called Nvidia Shield TV 4K. Its powered by Android TV, giving you access to millions of apps and games. One of those applications is Kodi. All you need to do to install Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV is to open the Google Play Store and download the application.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Cbs All Access On Lg Smart TV
Pair Firestick Remote With TV
The following steps are only for Remotes with TV controls. If you dont have a remote with volume buttons, you can skip this part and move to the next section.
Step 13: When you see this window, click Next
Step 14: Press the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on your remote
Make sure the remote points at the TV. The TV control buttons use the IR profile for your TV. Therefore, your TV and remote need to be in the line of sight for TV control functions to work.
Step 15: Click Yes if you heard the sound. If not, click NO to repeat the process
Step 16: When the Fire TV remote has successfully synced, you will see the following message on the screen
Step 17: If you havent subscribed to Amazon Prime, you see this prompt. Click Start your 30 day free trial to sign up for Prime. Or, click Not now to skip
Step 18: Next, this window appears. If you wish to install streaming apps like Netflix, Hulu, etc, click Get Started. If you want to install them later, click No Thanks.
Step 19: And, finally, you see the following window. Click Got It to finish the setup process
You have successfully set up your FireStick device.
Install Kodi On Firestick Using Apps2fire
Lastly, well teach you how to install Kodi on an Amazon Fire TV device using Apps2Fire. With that said, you need to download Kodi and Apps2Fire on your Android smartphone. So, go through the following steps.
- Open the Play Store on your Android smartphone or tablet. In the search field, type in Kodi.
- Now select this application from the search results.
- Finally, tap on Install and wait until the application downloads and installs on your device.
- Repeat this process for the Apps2Fire app as well.
Once youve downloaded Kodi and Apps2Fire on your Android device, its time to see how to install Kodi on Firestick.
- The first step is to see your Fire TV Sticks IP Address. On your Fire TV Stick, go to Settings> Device> About> Network. On the right side of the screen, youll see your devices IP address.
- Now launch the Apps2Fire app on your Android device.
- Go to Setup by scrolling the main menu from the right. This is where youll need to enter the IP address of your Fire TV Stick. Enter this information and hit Save.
- Return to the apps Home Page or navigate to the Local Apps tab within the app. Tap on Kodi, and youll be asked whether youd like to install it. Confirm your decision.
- You will be able to see the entire process on your smartphones screen. Apps2Fire will now upload Kodi to your Fire TV Stick and install it. You should see a confirmation that Kodi has been installed.
You May Like: Can You Cast Oculus Quest 2 To Firestick
Be Aware Of Torrent Protocol Streams
Many modern Fire Stick Kodi addons and other working Amazon Firestick apps that stream or download movies and TV shows use the BitTorrent protocol.
These can provide the best streaming experience when done right. There is less video buffering, as they stream from multiple sources at once.
The only solution better than direct torrent streaming for a top-notch experience is watching torrents cached on high-speed Real-Debrid servers.
Just be very careful if installing and using torrent-enabled apps or add-ons to stream
Unless using a premium downloader service like Real-Debrid to access cached torrents, apps using the BitTorrent protocol actively advertise your location to everyone on the network by openly broadcasting your IP address.
Most new Kodi addons and Amazon Fire Stick streaming apps use the BitTorrent protocol. Even most third-party Mac and Windows streaming apps now use the torrent network.
Installing and using torrent streaming apps and add-ons without a VPN openly broadcasts your Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV Cube device location.
This is done to get the attention of seeds and peers, but they are not the only ones watching
Your internet service provider, government agencies, corporate marketers, and other network hackers can also clearly see your location and activities unless you protect yourself with a VPN.
Try Surfshark VPN free for 30 days!
S To Install Kodi For Kindle Fire
Installing Kodi on Kindle Fire tablet isnt straightforward. Because Kodi is not available on the Amazon App Store officially. However, you can sideload Kodi Kindle Fire by following the guidelines given below.
To sideload apps on Amazon Fire Tablet, do the following
- Click on Kindle Settings > select Application.
- Just tap the slider next to Apps from Unknown Sources to turn on it.
Step 1: Navigate to the Apps section at first to click on Silk Browser on your Kindle tablet.
Step 2: Type in the address bar as Kodi and tap on the search icon.
Step 3: Choose the official website of Kodi from the search result.
Step 4: Scroll down on the home screen of Kodi web page to choose Android.
Step 5: Further, click on ARMV7A option on the next screen to download Kodi on Kindle Fire.
Step 6: After the download, go to the downloads section to select the Kodi apk file.
Step 7: Now, tap the Install button to begin its installation.
Step 8: After that, tap the Open button to launch it on the tablet.
Step 9: When Kodi is launched, you can start accessing its features on Amazon Kindle Fire.
Don’t Miss: Watch Charter On Computer
Install The Downloader App
I recommend Downloader app to every FireStick user who likes to stream through third-party apps like Kodi. It is a wonderful side-loading tool that makes the installation process incredibly easy.
To install Downloader, here is what you would do:
- Go to the FireStick home-screen and navigate to the top-left to select the Search option
- Now simply type in Downloader
- When the name of the app is displayed in the search results, click it
- Now click the button
- Wait for the app to download and install
Get Them Here: Working Kodi Add
In my search for the best Kodi TV addon to install on a Fire Stick, I found several working to stream free movies, TV shows, news, and live sports. New Kodi addons come and go every day, so in your search for a working addon, be sure to check the date of any review found online.
You May Like: How To Watch Spectrum TV On Computer
Access Your Video Addons
Go back to the Kodi home-screen, if you are not there already, by pressing the back button repeatedly.
Now, click Add-ons on the left side.
Next, click Video add-ons on the left again. Even if you dont click video addons and just hover over it, all your video streaming addons will appear on the right.
This is how the list of the installed addons will look like.
What Do Vpns Do
VPNs provide an underpass between you and the website you are accessing protects you from viruses, identity thefts, malware and many more threats that you could be exposed to on the web. Basically, a VPN creates a secure tunnel between your device and the VPN server. Everything transmitted through this tunnel is private and encrypted therefore cannot be monitored or tracked.
You May Like: Watch Spectrum TV On Your Computer
Install Kodi On Firestick Through Es File Explorer
I love Downloader as a sideloading tool. However, ES File Explorer is also a wonderful utility app. It is a file manager that effectively doubles as a sideloading application. Here are the steps to install Kodi on FireStick with the help of ES File Explorer:
#1: Use the Search option on the top-left of the Kodi home-screen and look up for the ES File Explorer app. Follow the onscreen instructions to install it .
#2: Now go to FireStick Settings from the home-screen. Navigate to My Fire TV > Developer Options and enable Apps from Unknown Sources
#3: Open ES File Explorer. On the right part of the window where you see a bunch of icons, click
#4: Now navigate to the bottom of the screen and click +New
#5: Type in the following URL where it says Path:
Enter Kodi or any name you like where it says Name
#6: Let ES File Explorer download the Kodi APK file on FireStick. When thats done, click Open file
#7: Click Install
#8: Scroll down to the bottom right and click Install again
You have successfully installed Kodi on FireStick.
How To Install Kodi On Kindle Fire Tablet
Kodi is a widely recognized media center by all platform users. It is an Android app, and you can access it on Amazon Kindle Fire tablets as well. With Kodi for Kindle Fire, you can manage all your digital media files. Kodi by default doesnt offer any contents, but it is extremely useful if you install Kodi plugins or addons.
In addition to accessing device files, you can use the Kodi app to stream unlimited entertainment contents with the help of addons. In other words, Kodi will turn your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet into an entertainment hub. You can access movies, music, videos, photos, etc., in a user-friendly interface. Above all, Kodi on Fire tablet is completely customizable, and you can access its features as per your preference.