How To Connect An Android Phone To TV Wirelessly
Connecting an Android phone to a TV is pretty simple these days. Current smartphones and TVs feature easy to use technologies that make sharing content a breeze. Here are some of the ways you can connect an Android phone to a TV wirelessly.
Connect using Screencast
Some Android smartphones offer a Screencast feature that allows you to cast the entire phone screen to the TV. You can connect to the TV by enabling screen mirroring on both devices. Heres how to enable Screencast.
- Launch the Settings app or swipe down to the Notification menu.
- Look for a Screencast or Cast toggle.
- You can also find the Cast feature in the Settings app. Simply search for the option in Settings.
- Once enabled, you can select the TV that you want to connect to and start casting your phone.
If it doesnt work check whether your TV and phone are on the same network or not. If they arent, put both devices on the same network and then try again. Screencast or Screen mirroring lets you share all your smartphone content on the big screen. Its ideal when you want to share something on your phone with several other people. You can view photos, apps, and even play games by mirroring the phone to the TV.
Cast using Chromecast
With Chromecast, you can turn any old TV with an HDMI port into a smart TV. However, you do need an active internet connection for this to work. You can then simply connect your phone wirelessly to the Chromecast and stream content to the big screen.
Connect With Miracast Wireless For Samsung Dex
1. You can connect your Samsung phone to a TV with Miracast too. Once it starts screen mirroring, tpa on the Samsung DeX notification just like in case of MHL.
2. Once Samsung DeX is enabled, tap on Use your phone as a touchpad to use user phone as a touchpad if you dont have a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
The Complete Guide On How To Connect Phone To Smart TV Without Wifi
For this guide, we will be discussing a few different ways and methods so youre not limited to just one.
HDMI and USB Ports
The first option that you have in connecting your device to your television without any internet is through the use of HDMI cables and ports.
HDMI, short for High-Definition Media Input, is a port for all different types and kinds of devices.
Don’t Miss: How To Install Discovery Plus On Lg Smart TV
How To Connect Phone To TV Without Wi
A few days ago, I wanted to take a look at our vacation pictures. As I have a compact Android phone, I decided to cast those pictures to my living room TV only to realize the Wi-Fi wasnt working. Thankfully, after a couple of tries, I was able to connect and mirror my phone to the TV without Wi-Fi.
In fact, there are multiple ways to do so from creating a Wi-Fi hotspot to using proprietary hardware like Samsung DeX. Of course, each method has its pros and cons. But before going through all of them, lets start with the in-built option that helps users to connect their phone to TV without Wi-Fi network.
How To Connect My iPhone To My Smart TV
To connect your iPhone to your Smart TV: 1 Download the application. In this case, use Nero Streaming Player as an example. 2 Connect iPhone and Smart TV to the same Wi-Fi connection. 3 Select what you want to stream and click a button that allows you to stream certain content from your iPhone to your TV.
Also Check: Connect iPhone To Lg TV Airplay
Samsung Dex For Samsung Users
Finally, the last option to connect phone to TV without Wi-Fi is to use Samsung DeX.
DeX is a special feature on the flagship Samsung phones using which you can use to connect phone to any monitor or TV and turn it into a desktop set-up. This has obvious advantages comparing to casting content or screen mirroring as you get to use the entire display. Also, you can connect a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to use your phone in a complete desktop mode.
You can enable Samsung Dex in 3 ways and all of them dont need a WiFi Connection.
How To Connect Phone To Smart TV Without Wifi : Mirror Android To TV 2021
Do you want to know that How to connect phone to smart tv without wifi? If yes, then you are at the right place.
Mostly, people mirror their phone screens for watching movies or videos and playing games. If you have a smartphone and a Smart TV then you surely may be wanting to Cast your mobile`s screen to your TV.
But sometimes you don`t have any wifi or internet connection in your surrounding but you want to mirror screen to watch videos or play games. Then in this condition, you need to Mirror your Android phone to a smart TV without wifi.
In every type of smartphone, there is a function of screen mirroring. Only there are two main conditions to connect your phone from mobile to tv, they are Phone should be smartphone and TV should be Smart TV.
So, as you are knowing that both devices should be smart. From the Smart TV and Smartphone, if anything is missing then there is impossible to connect.
Read Also: Get Discovery Plus On Lg Smart TV
Does Airplay Use Data
AirPlay can use Data if:
- you stream shows from streaming services on your iOS devices to your TV while both are on the same Wi-Fi Network.
- you stream videos to your TV from your iOS device, while your TV is connected to your iOS devices Personal Hotspot while Mobile Data is active.
AirPlay wont use Data if:
- you use peer-to-peer AirPlay to stream video thats in your iOS devices local storage to your TV
- you use Screen Mirroring to mirror your iOS devices screen to your TV while neither are connected to a Wi-Fi Network.
How To Use Airplay Or Mirror Screen Without Wifi
RobotPoweredHome is reader-supported. When you buy through links on my blog, I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I had a few guests over at my place recently, and they wanted to show me a few photos and videos from a trip theyd gone on.
They noticed my TV and wanted to try using AirPlay.
I had a rather long and secure password for my Wi-Fi network that I wasnt very comfortable sharing.
So I hopped online for a quick bit of research and learned how to use AirPlay to mirror a screen without Wi-Fi.
To AirPlay without Wi-Fi, enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, and select your AirPlay 2 Compatible TV from the AirPlay Status Menu in the top right corner of your Mac.
For your iOS device, select it from the AirPlay button in the Control Center. Input the code if asked.
Ive gone into detail about how to AirPlay off most devices in the Apple Ecosystem without Wi-Fi, how much data it uses, the advantages, and even how to troubleshoot it in their own corresponding sections.
Also Check: How To Program A Pavy Universal Remote
Can You Cast An iPhone To A TV Screen
Cast your iPhone to your TV via Chromecast. Suitable for demonstrations and presentations. It takes time to transfer your activities from iPhone to PC. Another program that can stream your iPhone to your TV screen is the Google Home app. This application is a versatile program that allows you to stream audio files and movies available on your iPhone.
Need Wireless Display For Your Business Or School
ScreenBeam modernizes your meeting spaces and classrooms with app-free, dongle-free wireless presentation from any device with ability to wirelessly markup content on in-room displays. Bring your remote and on-site team content front and center for effortless collaboration.
Do you need Wi-Fi for screen mirroring a wireless display? Depending on the screen mirroring technology you are using, you wont need it. However, you may want to have an internet connection for a better experience.
Also Check: When Will Lg TV Get Discovery Plus
Do You Need Wifi For Chromecast For Screen Mirroring
Screen mirroring or screen casting is a function which allows to mirror mobile devices content to your TV screen. You can use a ChromeCast to beam any display of your mobile screen to the TV screen through this mirroring function. Now the question is do you need WiFi for ChromeCast for such screen mirroring? No, you dont. It is possible to mirror the display of your mobile screen to the ChromeCast stick or player without using WiFi or Internet. However, this ChromeCast mirror without WiFi feature, is available for Android devices only. Unfortunately no similar options for iOS devices are available at present. According to ChromeCast developers, this isnt a purposeful omission but a limitation of iOS, about which theyre presently working around.
How can you use ChromeCast without WiFi for screen mirroring?
Herere the steps to follow to use ChromeCast without internet for screen mirroring:
1. Open the ChromeCast app on your android device
2. Tap on the burger menu in the top left corner
3. Tap on Cast Screen/Audio
4. Click to select the ChromeCast device in the cast option
5. Now you will have mirror of the display of your Android device to the ChromeCast without WiFi or internet
6. For this screen mirroring function your device must run android version 4.4.2 and above. The working of this ChromeCast feature of screen mirroring without Internet is totally different from that of wireless display as the resultant output is better than wireless display
S For Mirroring iPhone To TV Without Using Wifi
- Connect the Apple TV to your TV using one of the HDMI ports.
- Change the AV source of the TV using the TV remote.
- Now, you should see the setup screen of the Apple TV on your TV.
- Pass through the setup wizard on the Apple TV.
- Now, turn on the mobile hotspot on your cell phone, and connect it to the Apple TV.
- Head to the control panel of your iPhone and click on the screen mirroring feature.
- Boom! You will see all your iPhone content on your TV now.
You can use the exact same method to mirror an iPad screen to your TV with Apple TV.
You May Like: Can You Cast Oculus Quest 2 To Firestick
Apply Latest Technology At Your Convenience
Imagine its Sunday afternoon and your family is looking forward to watching a movie with you. You have the perfect movie downloaded at your phone, but too many people cannot watch a movie from a 6 phone screen. When you have a giant TV screen where you can project your favorite movie, why will you compromise to a smaller screen?
Hanging out with friends? Once you figure out how to connect Android phone to TV wireless, you can play Netflix, amazon prime, Hulu, YouTube, HBO, anything you want. All you are asked to do is connect your Android to TV, and you are ready to go!
Facing difficulty to connect a projector in an important meeting? Time is precious, so without wasting a moment cast your presentation on a giant LED screen with the backup from your Android phone. You can browse pictures, view files, perform any action on your phone and it will be projected on the TV smoothly.
How Can I Watch My iPhone On My TV
Apple supplies a Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect to the HDMI port of your TV. Try connecting your iPhone to the adapter using the Lightning connector. Connect the cable to the back of the TV after connecting the adapter to it. To view the iPhone screen, use the cable to switch the TV input to the correct jack.
Don’t Miss: French Open TV Schedule Usa
Mirroring Your Devices Screen
One of the most popular ways to cast your phone through the smart television is screen mirroring. Almost all smartphones released today have the option of screen mirroring, where you will be able to connect your phone to the smart tv in the fastest way. To mirror your phone screen on the television, turn on the mirror screen option on your phone and wait for the tv to detect your gadget.
How To Connect Mobile To TV Via Chromecast Without Using Wifi
Alternatively, you can also use the Chromecast to mirror your phone screen to TV without using WIFI.
Instead of using the WIFI, you can use your mobiles hotspot to connect to the Chromecast.
Unlike the wired method given above, you can wirelessly connect your mobile to TV using a Chromecast device.
You May Like: iPhone To Samsung TV Airplay
S For Connecting iPhone To TV Without Using Wifi
- Connect the Lightning to HDMI cable to your iPhone.
- Attach the HDMI cable to the converter as well as your TV.
- Change the AV source using the TV remote.
- Voila, now you should be able to see your iPhone mirrored on the TV.
You can also use this setup to connect your iPad to the TV without using the WIFI.
Mirroring Phone To TV Without Using The Wifi
Well, you can easily mirror your mobile phone to TV without WIFI using a wired connection. In this method, you do not need WIFI or mobile internet to connect to the TV.
All you need to have is an HDMI to mobile charging jack converter, and an HDMI cable. The type of converter depends upon the charging port of your mobile device.
If you have the latest Android mobile, then you probably need a USB-C to HDMI converter.
Always ensure that you get the right type of converter according to the type of mobile devices you are using.
Recommended Reading: Apple To Samsung Screen Mirroring
How To Cast Smartphone Screen To Smart TV Using Bluetooth
I would like to tell you that through the Bluetooth method, you can mirror only Youtube videos. So, if you have to stream your game in a smart TV then you have to follow above methods through USB Cable.
Follow the following methods to Cast Smartphone screen to Smart TV using Bluetooth :-
- Firstly, Turn on Bluetooth Setting from your Android phone.
- Turn on your smart TV.
- Go to setting option from your Smart TV with the help of Remote control.
- Scroll down and go to Remote & Accessories option through the help of Remote control.
- Go to Add accessories option from smart tv.
- Now, You smart would start searching the Bluetooth of your smartphone which you have turned on.
- As the smart TV detects Bluetooth connection of your smart phone, then pop-up notification would go in smartphone which will ask to accept. So, Click to Accept option from your Android phone.
- As you accept from phone, then you would get Pair option on your Smart TV. So, click to Pair option on your Smart TV with help of Remote control.
- Now, your phone is ready to cast youtube videos. To cast youtube videos, just open any youtube videos an click to mirror icon and select your Smart TV Device.
So, in this way you can connect smartphone to Smart TV without wifi using Bluetooth.
Advantages of mirroring from mobile to TV using bluetooth
- It does not require any type of wire or USB Cable.
- It enables to cast your youtube videos up to 10 meters through bluetooth.
You Can Connect The Android Device With TV In Two Different Ways:
These two primary ideas have variations in their applications. You are free to choose any process that is accessible to you and easy to perform at the same time. We have discussed them in details in the sections below.
Faq On How To Screencast From Phone To TV
Do you need WiFi to screen mirror?
No, need of wifi to screen mirror from android phone to TV. There are multiple methods through which you can do screen mirror without wifi.
Can I use my phone data to watch Netflix on my TV?
Yes, of course you can use your phone data to watch netflix on your Smart TV. Just you have to connect your Smart TV to smartphone with Wifi. Turn on hotspot in mobile and Turn on wifi on TV and cnnect it. Now, you can use phone`s internet to tv for internet.
Can you connect phone to TV without WiFi?
Yes, you can connect your phone to TV without Wifi easily. There are many methods to connect and cast android phone screen to your Smart TV without wifi.
They are through through USB Cable, Bluetooth, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV Stick etc. In this artcle, i have shared with the USB and Bluetooth Methodsto connect your phone to TV Without Wifi.
Can I cast a screen on a smart TV without an Internet connection?
Yes, of course you can cast a mobile screen on a smart TV without an internet connection with the help of Bluetooth, USB Cable etc. If your phone has not internet connection but if it has a Sim card, then also you can Cast screen through Wifi.
I would like to tell you that internet connection is only necessary, if you cast anythings from the internet such as Youtube videos, Netflix videos etc. Just turn on hotspot of your phone, if it has not internet then also and connect it with Smart TV. Now, just start mirroring whatever you want.