Fire TV Smart TV Remotes
When the LED indicator blinks blue, your remote is paired successfully. If it’s not paired, press the Home button for 10 seconds.
How To Download The Latest Software For Your Amazon Fire Stick
Your Amazon Fire Stick will always check for any software updates automatically then prompt you to update however, if you would like to manually download the latest software for your Amazon Fire Stick, head over to the Settings menu.
Heres the procedure for doing so:
From there, your Firestick will turn off and turn back on after a short while with the latest software for your Amazon Fire Stick installed.
Pairing A Fire Stick Remote
When you buy a new Fire Stick or Fire TV device that comes with a remote, the remote should already be paired. That means when you first set up your Fire Stick, or Fire TV device, it should already recognize inputs from the remote without you having to do anything special.
In some cases, you may find that the Fire Stick and remote werent paired, or that your Fire Stick and remote became unpaired over time due to a glitch. When that happens, repairing the remote usually takes care of the problem.
When you buy a replacement remote, you always have to pair it before you can use it.
Heres how to pair a Fire Stick remote:
Plug in your Fire Stick and make sure that its on.
Wait for the Fire TV to boot up.
Hold your remote near your Fire Stick.
Press and hold the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
Continue holding the Home button for at least 10 seconds.
Release the Home button, and see if the remote works.
If the remote still doesnt work, try holding down the Home button again. It sometimes takes several attempts for this process to work.
Recommended Reading: Oculus Quest 2 Cast To TV Without Chromecast
Read Also: iPhone To Lg TV Airplay
Program Replacement Or Secondary Firestick Remote
Now, there could be a time where you might have lost the Firestick remote that you might have programmed with your TV earlier. Since Firestick lets you program up to 7 remotes, the setup is simple and easy. Here is how you do it.
How To Connect Amazon Firestick To TV
- Plug the Firestick into a USB power adapter and plug the device into a power outlet, making sure it’s turned on.
- Connect your Firestick to the HDMI port on the back of your TV.
- Select an input for your TV that matches the HDMI connector . By selecting the appropriate screen
- Connect the Firestick remote to the TV. This should happen automatically as soon as you insert two AAA batteries. If he
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Firestick to your home Wi-Fi network.
Don’t Miss: How To Cast Peloton To TV
How To Program A Firestick Remote If Youve Misplaced The Old One
If you dont have a functional, linked remote, you can setup Firestick remote with your phone instead:
- Using your iPhone, iPad, or Android device, launch the Firestick app.
- Choose your Fire TV device â or Add widget if that option isnt available â and then input your account login credentials.
- To begin utilizing your phone as a remote, enter your PIN.
- Select Home on your phone or tablet, then Settings.
- Select between Controllers and Bluetooth Devices.
- Then, select Add New Remote from the Amazon Fire TV Remotes menu.
- Hold down the Home button on your latest amazonFirestick remote till it detects it.
- Press the Select button on your smartphone. After that, your new remote now must appear on your list.
How To Pair Or Reset Your Fire TV Stick Remote
Before you begin using your Fire TV Stick, youll have to pair the remote. The process can vary depending on which model you have, and not every remote is interchangeable with each generation of Amazon Fire TV. Heres how to pair or reset your Fire TV Stick remote.
To pair or reset the Fire TV Stick remote, press and hold the Home button until the remote starts blinking.
JUMP TO KEY SECTIONS
Read Also: How To Mirror Screen On Vizio TV
How To Use The Amazon Fire TV Stick
2 December 21
Setting it up is just the start: how to use the Fire TV Stick
Learning how to use the Fire TV Stick isn’t exactly easy, as its menus are a bit laborious and features can seem a bit hidden. But you’re going to want to smarten up about how to use your brand new Fire stick to stream live TV or binge-rewatch The Boys again . Amazon’s affordable family of streaming devices pack most of their neatest features deep in its menus.
Plus, the Fire TV Stick has tons of Alexa integrations built in, and depending on the remote you have, some are accessible with the touch of a button. So, we’ve got everything you need to setup your new Fire TV device , so you can master it today. The Fire TV OS interface also just got a fresh coat of paint, and we’ve updated this guide for the new look
And once you master the Fire TV Stick you’ll use it for everything from streaming shows and movies to controlling your smart home. You can even get the weather without turning on a channel.
This story applies to both the Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick Lite and the Fire TV Stick 4K compatriot. These streaming devices are largely similar, with streaming quality and remote control buttons being the major differentiating features.
The Fire TV Stick 4K Max and the Fire TV Cube operate in a similar way because they has the same OS. The Cube, though, is physically different, while the 4K Max is a mirror image for the normal 4K Fire Stick.
How To Reset Firestick Remote
- Turn on your TV and connect your Fire TV Stick to it.
- Once the Fire TV Stick boots up, use the navigation buttons on the remote to navigate to the previous settings.
- While continuing to use the navigation keys, scroll right and select My Fire TV.
- Scroll down and select Factory reset. Remark. If your Fire TV Stick has a PIN, you will be prompted to enter it here.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Peloton App On Samsung TV
How To Replace Your Fire TV Stick Remote
There are a couple different methods for replacing your Amazon Fire TV Remote. The first is if you’ve just totally lost your old remote, or it’s completely quit working. (In other words, if you don’t have a Fire TV remote connected.
The second method is for those who still have their old Amazon Fire TV remote control but one to pair a new one. Maybe you’ve bought a newer Alexa Voice remote with more features. Or maybe you needed one that wasn’t covered in peanut butter.
If that’s the case, here’s the process you want to follow to pair your new Alexa Voice Remote:
How To Set Up Firestick
- Remove the contents of the package and insert two AAA batteries into the remote control.
- Plug the power cord into a power outlet and into the Firestick.
- Select an HDMI port and connect the Firestick to your TV. If you have a hard-to-reach HDMI port, use the included HDMI extender.
- Use your TV remote to select the HDMI input you connected the Firestick to.
- Usually a Firestick or Fire TV will automatically detect the remote when it boots up. If not, you need to pair the remote control with the device.
Read Also: Cast Android Phone To Vizio Smart TV
Can I Get Directv On My Phone Or Tablet
With satellite television you pay for every available television. The DirecTV app is not authorized or designed to stream to any TV device or even to stream from phone to TV. Sorry, but you don’t get free TV for the service. You can try to download the APK for Android phones, but don’t hold your breath.
Fire Stick Remotes And Interference
Bluetooth has some benefits over infrared, like how not having a line of sight between the remote and the Fire Stick only reduces the range instead of preventing the remote from working at all. However, Bluetooth remotes are susceptible to interference that infrared remotes arent.
Check to see if you have any of the following devices anywhere near your Fire Stick:
- Microwave ovens
- Wireless speakers
- Other wireless devices
If you have any wireless devices or anything else that could cause Bluetooth interference, in the vicinity of your Fire Stick, try moving them. If that isnt an option, try shutting them down and unplugging them one at a time to see if that allows your Fire Stick remote to work. That should allow you to identify the source of the interference and deal with it accordingly.
You May Like: How To Order Netflix For Your TV
Handy When You Lose The Remote
I do find this app handy for when I cant find the remote, but it doesnt seem to connect when trailers play or when trying to click off a programme before it automatically plays the next episode . Its so frustrating. No problems with connecting when Im browsing or during a programme/film, only when it ends. This needs to be fixed for a higher rating. EDIT: this problem was fixed! Or at least I havent had this problem for about a week maybe two so Ive noticed improvements but since last night the app wont connect at all. Tried checking for updates, tried restarting my phone not working! Hopefully its just an update thats not been made available yet making it mess around. Ill keep checking for updates and will edit review if/when its working again.
How To Control Your Fire TV Stick With Your TV Remote
This post contains affiliate links, which are designed for this site to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to other websites. For my full disclosure policy.
No more wasting time digging through couch cushions for that tiny little remote.
You no longer have to stress about the fact that these tiny little remotes are toddler magnets.
And no more cluttered end tables, with fifty different remotes.
Thats all in the past now, because I have learned the coolest secret. Read on to find out how you can ditch all those little remotes for good.
Somewhere in the move to our new house, we misplaced the remote for one of our Fire TV Sticks.
Now, this isnt normally a big deal.
Weve temporarily lost the remotes to our Fire TV Sticks in the past, so weve just used the app on our phones until we tracked down the actual remote.
Well, since cancelling our TV service last week, I decided to try and plug in our remote-less Fire TV Stick in order to get our streaming services back up and running in our bedroom.
I wasnt really thinking too much about it and figured I could just use my phone as the remote.
So I decided to do some Googling. I read about all sorts of craziness: Turning your phone into a hot spot, switching your wi-fi name and password to what it was at the old house, tricking the Fire TV Stick, using two devices, and so on.
Don’t Miss: Vizio Homekit Code
How To Set Up The Fire TV Stick
Yes, that USB Micro cord and power adapter that came with the Fire TV Stick might not be necessary for getting the Fire Stick up and running, but you’ll want it to ensure faster performance.
Here’s everything you need to get the Fire TV Stick up and running and streaming all of your favorite content.
1. Plug the USB Micro cable into the power adapter.
2. Plug the other end into into the Fire TV Stick.
3. Plug the Fire TV Stick into an HDMI port in your TV.
4. Press Home on your remote.
If you have trouble with this step, try using the remote control closer to the Fire TV Stick, holding Home for 10 seconds and changing out to fresh batteries.
If those steps don’t work , just unplug the power supply from the Fire TV Stick, wait a minute and plug that back in.
5. Press Play/Pause on your remote.
6. Select Your Language.
7. Select your Wi-Fi network.
8. Enter your password and select Connect.
9. Select Sign In or Create an Account. Let’s assume that you have an Amazon account, and the below steps follow selecting Sign In.
10. On a phone, tablet or computer, open amazon.com/code, sign in and enter the unique activation code you get in step 2.
11. Select Continue, because selecting Change account would imply you just signed in with the wrong ID.
12. Select Yes or No to opt in or out of storing connected network passwords with Amazon. I personally opt for No.
13. Opt in or out of parental controls.
15. Select OK after noting where Parental Controls are managed.
18. Click OK.
How To Pair A New Fire Stick Remote Without The Old One
RobotPoweredHome is reader-supported. When you buy through links on my blog, I may earn an affiliate commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have owned a Firestick for quite a while now and love the ease of usage and the additional connectivity that comes along with it.
While I was traveling a few weeks ago, I lost my Fire Stick Remote and was pretty bummed by the fact that I might have to get an entirely new one.
However, on doing some extensive research, I found some rather creative and flexible options available for replacing my lost Fire Stick remote.
To pair the replacement Fire Stick remote without the old remote, you need to pair the new remote and remove the older remote from the device listing.
You can do this either by using the paired TV remote or by using the Fire Stick App.
Recommended Reading: How To Stream Peacock On Apple TV
How To Pair The Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote
Heres everything you need to know about how to pair a Fire Stick remote with your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Has your Fire Stick remote broken or stopped working for some reason? Would you like to add a few more, or use the remote to control your TV?
Heres everything you need to know about how to pair a Fire Stick remote with your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
How To Reprogram A Firestick Remote
- Unplug firestick device power source not in the sense of unplugging HDMI port, but only take firestick power off.
- Wait for a couple of seconds before plug back in and for the firestick to restart/rebooting.
- Once you see the home screen and all applications, your firestick has connected to a internet and everything.
- Now Take a Firestick remote and press the Home button until you see orange light flashes on a remote and then release it, if you dont have light features remote then wait 20 to 30 seconds before a pop up flash on a big screen and says your firestick remote has connected.
This is how you can reprogram a firestick remote.
In case you failed to reprogram a firestick remote after attempting a couple of times then, you need to replace a remote due to a high probability of default product.
Read Also: Airplay Mirroring Samsung TV