Smart TV Not Connecting To iPhone Personal Hotspot
Sometimes you may want to connect your smart TV to the Internet via Personal Hotspot on your iPhone. However, your TV may refuse to see your iPhone or connect to the Hotspot with Wi-Fi. Sometimes, your TV may seem connected to Hotspot, but your TV may still not have a working Internet connection. There can be many reasons why the iPhone hotspot doesnt work with the TV. Let us take a look at all the tips that you can try to fix this issue.
Once your TV is connected to Personal Hotspot, it will use your iPhones cellular connection to access the Internet. There can be many scenarios where you may want to connect your smart TV via Hotspot. When you do not have a working or reliable Wi-Fi connection, you can use your iPhone instead.
If You’re Still Unable To Connect To Personal Hotspot With Bluetooth
On your devices, turn bluetooth off and back on:
- On your iOS or iPadOS devices, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on again.
- On your Mac, click the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar or click Bluetooth in Control Centre, then turn Bluetooth off and back on again.
- On your PC, choose Settings, click the Bluetooth icon , then turn Bluetooth off and back on again.
If you still can’t connect, follow these steps:
Important Hotspot Settings For Connecting To Pc Or Mac
To open the settings on your hotspot, you will need to open the settings menu. This might be the word settings. It could also look like a gear or your hotspot may have a WiFi icon or the word WiFi to click on from the home screen. When in doubt, refer to the users manual.
In this menu you will find a setting where you can set your WiFi SSID and your WiFi password. If your hotspot has a 5Ghz band, then you will also be able to name and select a password for this.
You may also be able to turn on or off and set an SSID and password for your guest WiFi on some hotspots. You will likely be able to set the number of users for your both of your main and guest WiFi, and some will allow you to create multiple SSIDs.
Another setting you may find in the WiFi section is the range or size of the area the WiFi signal will reach. Set this setting for the largest range when troubleshooting. When you have the WiFi hotspot working and all set up, consider setting the range at the minimum needed as a shorter range will lengthen your battery life.
Read Also: How To Link Your iPhone To Your Smart TV
iPhone Hotspot Not Working How To Fix iPhone Tethering
Is your iPhone hotspot not working? Learn how to troubleshoot the tethering feature on iOS and get connected again.
Is your iPhone hotspot not working? Youre not alone. Sadly, networking issues are a common problem in the world of smartphone tethering.
If your iPhone has failed to enable your personal hotspot, your iPhone hotspot is not showing, or you simply cant connect to your iPhone hotspot, keep reading. Were going to look at all the different fixes you can use when your iPhone personal hotspot is not working.
How To Connect Mobile Hotspot To Smart TV
If you have enough mobile data to watch high-quality movies on your TV, you can simply turn on mobile hotspot and then search for the appropriate network in your TVs list of WiFi options.
Heres the process of connecting your smart TV to a mobile hotspot:
- Go to your connection or network settings and allow your smart TV to scan for WiFi networks that are available.
- On your phone, enable mobile hotspot so that your smart TV can automatically detect and find it.
- Once your mobile hotspot appears on the list of available networks, select it and enter your password.
- Finally, you can now browse or stream your favorite content on the internet from your smart TV through your phones mobile hotspot!
Its an incredibly simple way of connecting seamlessly to a reliable WiFI connection. As long as your mobile network is in range and there are no problems, your video will render smoothly and there will be no delays in buffering either.
However, you need to keep in mind that most smart TVs adjust the resolution and thus the bandwidth and the size of the file being used, depending upon your connection speeds.
For instance, if you are using Netflix or a limited connection with low speeds, the video quality will automatically take a dip. This way, your content will continue to run smoothly but video quality as a whole will be reduced sharply.
Netflix favors convenience over quality to allow a person to watch more and more content. The same goes for other apps in the market as well.
Why Tcl Roku TV Wont Connect To Mobile Hotspot
The first thing you should try is turning off and turning on both your Roku TV and your mobile hotspot. Try doing this first before doing anything else.
If this doesnt fix your connectivity problem, then try updating the software on your Roku TV. Roku TVs are known to have issues when it comes to connecting to hotspots but firmware updates usually come around and solve these issues.
Sometimes the last firmware update messes with the connection of your Roku TV, then another firmware update needs to be made to fix the issue.
But how do you update your Roku TV if you cant connect to a hotspot in the first place? Try doing a hard factory reset on your Roku TV and then try connecting to a hotspot to download the firmware update.
A factory reset can temporarily fix your connection problems even if they dont solve the issue permanently.
Note: To check for firmware updates on your Roku TV, go to Settings then to System then to System Update.
If your Roku TV is updated to the latest firmware but still wont connect to your mobile hotspot, then there might be an issue with your mobile hotspot. Try using a mobile hotspot that works with other devices on your Roku TV to confirm this.
If it really is your mobile hotspot thats the issue, then try resetting it to factory settings to fix your connectivity issues.
Reset The Network Settings
iOS offers a built-in way to erase user data and restore settings to the factory defaults. However, you can also take a more granular approach by only removing certain kinds of data.
In the case of your iPhones personal hotspot not working, you only need to delete the network settings. To do so, head to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You will need to enter your passcode before the phone lets you proceed.
The reset process will remove all your Wi-Fi and carrier settings and passwords and delete your custom iPhone name. This will give you a blank slate to make sure there wasnt an erroneous network setting causing the hotspot problem.
You May Like: What Websites Can You Watch TV Shows For Free
Known Pc Issues And Troubleshooting Tips
If your hotspot keeps disconnecting or your Windows laptop wont connect to your hotspot it doesnt mean that things are broken. Connection errors happen with most WiFi devices at one time or another. If you have received a hotspot authentication error, Not Connected to the internet messages, your browser windows dont open correctly, dont despair. The following steps will reset your WIFI Hotspot connection on your PC /Laptop.
Why Wont My Vizio Smart TV Connect To My Hotspot
It is very important to Troubleshooting a Wi-Fi network if a device cannot be connected. For Network > Manual Setup, select Default IP address under Menu on Vizio Remote. Press the right arrow to turn on DHCP when its being turned on. During a turn on on, repeat pressing the right arrow once to uninstall the device and then again to disable it.
Recommended Reading: What Happened To Bounce TV
Troubleshooting TV Hotspot Connections
If your TV hotspot isnt working, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue.
First, make sure that your TV is within range of your hotspot signal. If youre too far away, your TV wont be able to pick up the signal.
Next, check to see if your hotspot is turned on and broadcasting. If its not, turn it on and wait a few minutes for it to start broadcasting.
If your hotspot is on and broadcasting but your TV still cant connect, try restarting both your TV and your hotspot. This will often clear up any connection issues.
Finally, if none of these troubleshooting steps work, you may need to reset your hotspot. This will clear all the saved data on your hotspot, so make sure you back up any important information before you proceed.
To reset your hotspot, press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds. Then, turn your hotspot on and wait a few minutes for it to start broadcasting. After that, try connecting your TV to the hotspot again.
Update your phone and TV
One of the first things you should check is whether your phone and TV are up to date. To do this, go to the settings menu on each device and check for updates. If there are any available, install them and then try connecting again.
Test your hotspot
If your hotspot is working properly, then the next step is to troubleshoot your TV.
What To Do When Hotspot Doesnt Work
Getting online is easy nowadays you can do that almost everywhere: from school, work, airport, or even from a coffee shop, you can be online. Most public locations even let you go access the internet with no cost. Yes, free internet at your fingertips!
But sometimes you connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot and you see that theres no Internet connection. So why does sometimes the hotspot not work? And, most importantly, what can you do to access the internet in this situation? Read below to see the easiest way to do this.
Read Also: How To Put Internet On Roku TV
Android TV Cant Connect To Wifi Resolve Your Issues Here
1. If your Android TV cant connect to WiFi then, first of all, you need to adjust the time and date settings. To do so, open Settings by clicking on the gear icon located at the top-right corner. After that, open Device Preferences.
2. Next, open Date and Time and click on Automatic Date and Time.
3. Here, select Use network provided time. For the majority of Android TV WiFi issues, this will instantly fix the problem. Also, if you are getting Connected, no internet error then this will resolve the issue then and there.
4. If the above steps didnt fix it for you then follow these steps. Open Settings and move to Network and Internet. Make sure the WiFi toggle is turned on. After that, open your WiFi access point.
5. Now, scroll down to the bottom and click on Forget Network.
6. Next, reconnect to the WiFi again by entering the password and this time your Android TV WiFi should be resolved.
7. If the issue still persists then open your WiFi access point again and make sure Proxy is set to None and IP Settings is set to DHCP.
8. Apart from that, some Android TV also face hotspot WiFi issues where the TV is connected to the smartphone hotspot, but the internet does not work. This mainly happens when the data saver limit reaches its ceiling. So to disable data saver on Android TV open Settings and move to Network and Internet.
9. Here, open Data Saver and turn it off.
Roll Back Your Network Adapter Driver
If updating your network adapter driver doesn’t help your hotspot issues and causes other problems with your computer, Windows gives you the option to undo the update using the rollback feature. Here’s how:
Also Check: How Do I Watch We TV
Disable Battery Saver Or Low Power Mode
Battery saver mode works by limiting certain non-essential functions on your phone to conserve battery life. This isn’t supposed to include limiting your phone’s ability to connect to a hotspot, but all software gets buggy from time to time. This is an issue that is known to occur, especially on Android.
Try turning battery saver off and see if that fixes the issue.
Ensure That Your Service Is Active And In Good Standing
- If your hotspot device seems to be working properly and has an active connection, it could be an issue with your service. With a new account you may need to register or activate your hotspot service or subscription, so call your provider if a new device is functioning but not providing you with a workable connection.
- Depending on your specific device or network, you may also need to update your data profile or activate your hotspot with your provider.
- Generally, a hotspot plan is often an add-on to an existing cell phone or other group plan, so be sure youve turned on and activated all the relevant settings before moving forward.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Discovery Plus On Vizio Smart TV
How Do You Connect Your Lg Smart TV To A Mobile Hotspot
If youre having trouble connecting your LG Smart TV to a mobile hotspot, there are a few things you can try:
1. Check that your mobile hotspot is turned on and working properly.2. Make sure that your LG Smart TV is within range of your mobile hotspot signal.3. Restart your LG Smart TV and try connecting again.4. If youre still having trouble, try resetting your LG Smart TV to its factory settings.
Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get your LG Smart TV connected to your mobile hotspot.
For Samsung Smart TVs:
Samsung TVs are a bit different, as they use Tizen OS rather than Android or iOS. This means that they have a smaller range of native apps. To help, we have an article on How to Get Peloton App On Samsung TV, which lists several methods to get unsupported apps on your Samsung TV.
Read Also: How To Get Pluto TV On Vizio Smart TV
Check If Tethering Settings Are Unavailable
For reasons that arent always entirely clear, some carriers disable tethering on their devices. The problem is most prevalent on locked devices that youve bought directly via a carriers shop, but it can happen on unlocked phones and tablets too.
This issue manifests itself in a number of ways. You might find that the tethering option is entirely grayed out in the Settings menu, or you might see an onscreen message that reads To enable personal hotspot on this account, contact . Often, there will also be a spinning wheel alongside it.
Sometimes, a quick search on your carriers FAQs will solve the problem. The solution might be as simple as sending an SMS to your carrier to enable the setting.
Missing APN data can also cause your iPhone hotspot to not work. If your carrier has this feature and you know the codes, you can add them yourself by going to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network or Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.
However, on some occasions, the carrier might have permanently disabled the option for your account. For more information, you will need to contact your carriers support team and raise the issue with them.
On Windows Verify That Your Drivers Are Installed And Working Properly
- If youre on a Windows computer, it could have nothing to do with your hotspot at all and could be an issue with your network adapter or drivers. Windows has a built-in troubleshooter that can do the heavy lifting for you.
- Just click Start, type troubleshooting and click view all until you see network adapter.
- You might need to reinstall drivers or specialized software, so have an alternate internet connection ready to help you download what you need while you troubleshoot.
- If you have an alternate USB WiFi adapter, give that a shot. It could be that your built-in adapter is malfunctioning for some reason, and an alternate adapter will help you rule that out.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Hook My Phone Up To My TV