Use A Bluetooth Keyboard To Connect Apple TV To Wifi
Now, this option should be a no-brainer. Because its a simple and easy method. All you need to do is power up your Bluetooth keyboard and keep it in near proximity to the Apple TV. The Apple TV should be able to detect and try to pair with the Bluetooth keyboard. Once you see a code appear on the Apple TV, you simply need to type it in using the Bluetooth Keyboard. Your keyboard has now been paired to the Apple TV and you can navigate and connect your Apple TV to the WiFi network.
How Can I Connect My TV To Wifi Without Remote
Make sure your iOS 7 smartphone is unlocked and Bluetooth is turned on. Also, make sure youre connected to the Wi-Fi network that Apple TV will use. Wait for the prompts to appear on your iOS smartphone and Apple TV when you touch them together. On your iOS device, enter your Apple ID and password.
Connect Your Apple TV To The Wi
Volume buttons, for example, can be used to control volume, a menu button can be held to open the home screen, and Siri can be accessed by tapping the mic button.
Additionally, you can use the Bluetooth keyboard to input the Wi-Fi password. The Apple TV can be linked to and configured with the Bluetooth keyboard.
After configuring the keyboard, you can input the password and the Wi-Fi connection will be properly created.
Read Also: Mirror Android To Vizio TV
Is Apple TV Faster With Ethernet
This is the greatest Apple TV you can purchase, as it supports 4K video and has super-fast Ethernet connections. It is also the most expensive Apple TV you can buy. While Wi-Fi is a more convenient method of connecting to the internet, if you want to ensure that you can stream movies in spectacular 4K resolution, you will need one of the finest Ethernet cables for Apple TV to do this.
How To Use A Standard TV Remote To Control Apple TV
Make sure you get a remote with direction buttons and a Menu key. Most standard remotes for TVs or DVD players will work.
Youll also need an iPhone or any other iOS device for the initial setup. After that, youll be able to control your Apple TV with the new remote.
- Turn on the Apple TV and connect it to the internet router with an ethernet cable.
- Open the Control Center on the iOS device and tap Apple TV in the customizable control options to add the Remote feature.
- Open Settings on your Apple TV using the remote app on your phone, then go to General.
- Select Remote and choose Learn Remote.
- This will open a prompt on the screen to start the process and ask you to press specific buttons on your physical remote.
Your new remote is now ready to connect Apple TV to a WiFi network. Now, follow these final steps:
- Go to the Setting menu on your Apple TV and open Network.
- Tap on WiFi and choose the network you want to connect to.
- Enter your WiFi password, and youre good to go.
Also Check: Mirror Phone To Vizio Smart TV
S To Connect Apple TV To Wifi Without Remote
I did a lot of research to connect my Apple TV to wifi without remote and discovered some useful and effective methods. If you lost your remote or its not working, you can still connect your TV to your Wi-Fi network without using any remote. To connect an Apple TV to wifi without remote, first turn on the Apple TV and connect it to the router using an Ethernet cable. Then, on your iOS device, open the Settings app. Select Wi-Fi in the left menu. Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on. Select your Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks. Enter your Wi-Fi password, if prompted. Your iOS device will now connect to your Wi-Fi network and pass the connection along to your Apple TV.
Now I will share some extra methods in detail, so that you can do it easily without any trouble. Keep reading
Download And Verify Firmware Package
Once TunesKit detected your Apple TV, you can press the “Start” button to get started. On the next interface, choose Advanced Mode to reset Apple TV to factory settings, which will erase the data on it. If you don’t want any data loss, you can choose the Standard Mode for fixing other tvOS problems. Then click the “Next” button to continue. Confirm your device info before click the “Download” button. It will take some time to download and verify the firmware package. Just be patient.
You May Like: How To Connect Phone To Sanyo TV
Using An iPhone To Control Apple TV
The Apple TV must be connected to your router with an Ethernet cable if its not set up on your Wi-Fi.
It might be necessary to temporarily re-arrange your Apple TV if your router is a good distance away from where you want to use it. All cables will need to be accessible from your router, your Apple TV, and your TV.
Before you begin, make sure your iPhone is set up properly.
- Keeping your iPhone updated is a good idea.
- Sign in to iCloud if you arent already. Make sure your Apple ID is set up with two-factor authentication.
- Open the iCloud Settings for your device and turn on the iCloud Keychain.
- Go to the iCloud page. To turn on Keychain, scroll to the bottom, select it, and turn on the switch.
- Connect your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and then turn on Bluetooth.
Can you use apple tv without remote? Answer is Yes, this is how you can control your Apple TV using your iPhone. Most Apple TV users already have an iPhone so they can make use of this method.
Rename iPhone iPad Or Ipod Touch And Connect To Hotspot
Another really easy solution here is to try renaming your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to have the same exact name as your WiFi network back home!
This way, when you turn on the hotspot on your phone, your Apple TV should automatically connect to it because it recognizes the network already.
To rename your Apple device:
Once youre successfully connected, you can access your Apple TV using the Apple TV Remote app to navigate to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Learn Remote on your Apple TV.
Now, with the spare hotel TV remote, or any remote you have lying around, followthe on-screen instructions. This process allows Apple TV to recognize the IR remotes signal and will sync with it.
Read Also: Cast Oculus Quest To Firestick
Use Your iPhone And An Ethernet Cable
Because your Apple TV is not set up on your Wi-Fi, you need to connect your Apple TV with an Ethernet cable and plug it into your router. If you have a computer monitor, you can use it instead of your TV for the setup
- Confirm your settings on your iPhone before you start.
- Its a good idea to update your iPhone to the latest iOS.
- Make sure you are signed in to iCloud, and you should have two-factor authentication for your Apple ID turned on.
- Turn on iCloud Keychain in iCloud Settings.
- Go to Settings. Select your name at the top.
- Tap iCloud. Scroll down to find Keychain, select it, then toggle the switch to the ON position.
- Turn on Bluetooth and make sure you are connected to your Wi-Fi.
Retore Apple TV With Itunes App On Computer
You can also use iTunes application to reset your Apple TV on the computer. The procedures are quite simple.
Step 1. Remove all cables from your Apple TV, such as the power cable or HDMI cord. Then open the latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac.
Step 2. Next connect your Apple TV to the computer with an original USB cable. For Apple TV 3rd generation and former, use micro USB cable for 4K, use USB-C cord.
Step 3. Find your Apple TV icon on iTunes and then go to the “Summary” > “Apple TV” > “Restore Apple TVâ¦”. Now you can restore Apple TV without remote and wait until the process is done.
Don’t Miss: Reducing Glare On TV
How To Turn On Apple TV Without Remote
The Apple TV experience remains the same even after the setup is complete. Apples iPhone or iPad is all you need.
As soon as your streaming device is set up, and as long as you are running iOS 12 or higher, you can control it from the Control Center widget.
You can start watching Apple TV by tapping the icon once it has been added to the Control Centre. Ensure that your Wi-Fi connections are the same.
If a four-digit code appears on your Apple TV screen, enter it into your IOS device.
If you have more than one Apple streaming device in your home, you can choose from the top of the widget which one you want to control. A dedicated Remote app for iOS is also available for controlling Apple TV.
How Do I Connect My Apple TV To The Internet
How to connect your Apple TV to the Internet using Wi-Fi
Don’t Miss: Adding Apps To Philips Smart TV
Use A Standard TV Remote To Control The Apple TV:
To use a standard tv remote to control an Apple tv, you need to take the following steps:
- Take a standard TV remote with directional buttons.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to your Apple TV.
- Go to Settings> General> Remotes on Apple TV using the remote feature on the control center of your iPhone.
- Now select learn remote and take the basic steps to teach Apple tv your standard tv remote.
- Then, disconnect the Ethernet cable and enable Wi-Fi for your Apple TV by setting up Wi-Fi using General -> Network -> Standard TV Remote.
Once the Apple TV connects to the new WiFi network, you can continue to use this standard TV remote to control Apple TV and navigate its interface.
Connect iPhone To Apple TV
Don’t Miss: Can You Cast Oculus Quest To Roku
Use A Secondary Remote:
You can also use a standard TV remote to control your Apple TV and connect to the WiFi. For this, you can follow the below steps:
- The first step is to find a suitable remote which has directional buttons and is compatible with Apple TV.
- Then connect your Apple TV with an Ethernet cable and go to the General tab from the settings, and tap on the remotes by using the control centre on your iPhone.
- Then tap on the Learn remote option and follow the onscreen steps.
- Once the steps are completed, remove the Ethernet cable and switch to WiFi. And onwards you can use your secondary remote.
Connect Apple TV To Wifi Through Remote Interface
One of the methods to connect Apple TV to WiFi without a remote is by the remote interface. This can be done as,
Read Also: Can You Get Peloton App On Smart TV
Use A Bluetooth Keyboard
With the release of tvOS 9.2, Apple made it possible for you to pair a Bluetooth keyboard with your Apple TV. In order to make this possible, you will need to do the following:
After the keyboard is connected, a notification appears that says Connected. From there, here is a breakdown of the controls:
- Keyboard arrows allow for swiping through the menus, along with fast forward and rewind.
- Spacebar acts as the Pause and Play buttons.
- F3 brings you into the App Switch carousel, press Return to select something.
- Escape key allows you to go back one section.
As expected, you will be able to easily enter passwords and email addresses from the keyboard. The prompt will appear on your screen and you can just type away.
Connect Apple TV To Wifi Through Ios Device
For iOS 9 and onwards the WiFi password, SSID and Apple ID can be shared to Apple TV. Follow the step given below to share,
Read Also: How Do You Sync Your Phone To Your TV
Can You Use Apple TV Without Wifi Or Internet Service
You Can Use Your Apple TV Without Wi-Fi While a wireless Internet connection may seem a necessity to use Airplay with your Apple devices, you can actually use your Apple TV without wireless Internet access. There are a few steps to follow, but it’s a fairly simple process if you follow it carefully.
How Do I Setup My Apple TV 3 Without The Remote
Aban 14, 1395 AP
Also Check: How To Get Beachbody On Vizio Smart TV
Use iPhone As A Remote:
Youre not limited to just using AirPlay to reflect your screen you can easily control Apple TV via iPhone via the Control Centers remote feature.
If you do not see the remote icon in the control center of your ios device, you need to manually add Apple TV controls to the Control Center by going to Settings> Control Center.
Under the Customize menu, click the + button next to Apple tv to activate Apple tv controls in the Control Center. Once added, you can swipe up to open the control center and click on the remote icon to open the Apple tv remote.
Turn on the Apple TV and connect to the Internet with the help of an Ethernet cable. You can now configure your Wi-Fi by going to Settings> Network> Wi-Fi and selecting your WiFi network from there.
Follow the instructions to start setup and enter your four-digit PIN on your iPhone or iPad to complete the process.
Suggested Read: Roku Airplay Not Working | How To Fix In Seconds
Apple TV Remote Interface:
- It has a large touch area, where you can swipe left, right, down, or up to navigate and select apps, content, and listings on Apple TV.
- The volume buttons can be used to control the volume of the device.
- Touching and holding the menu button will help you return to the home screen.
- Tap the mike button to activate Siri.
- Search button to carry out the search process on Apple TV.
If you have a long or complicated WiFi password, you can use a Bluetooth keyboard or a MacBook keyboard to type the password.
Recommended Reading: How Do I Connect My Sanyo TV To The Internet
Use A Standard TV Remote
If you dont have an iOS device running iOS 9+ then you can use a standard TV remote to control and manage your Apple TV. Here are the steps:
First, buy a standard TV remote compatible with your Apple TV and buy it.
Take an ethernet cable from the WiFi router and connect it to your Apple TV.
Now using your iPhone Control Center, go to Settings > General > Remotes on the Apple TV.
Then choose learn remote option and follow basic steps to connect the standard TV remote with your Apple TV.
Disconnect the ethernet cable > enable the Wi-Fi on Apple TV using General > Network.
Setup the WiFi on Apple TV using the standard TV remote.