Stream Video From iPhone And iPad To A TV
Streaming video from iPhone or iPad to a TV is just as simple. However, if you want to stream video with SharePlay, you will need to use an Apple TV.
Note: Some video apps may not be compatible with AirPlay. If you are unable to use AirPlay with a video app, check the App Store on your Apple TV to find out if that app is available.
1. To get going, connect your iOS/iPadOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or the AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV.
2. Head over to your app or site to find the video that you wish to stream to Apple TV. Then, tap the AirPlay icon. Do note that you may need to tap a different button first to reveal the AirPlay icon. For instance, in the stock photos app, you will need to tap the first and then choose AirPlay in the share sheet.
3. Next, select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV in the menu and you are all set! Now, go and head enjoy the video streaming on your big screen.
Later, if you ever want to stop streaming your video to your TV, head into the app and tap the AirPlay icon.
Airbeamtv’s Mirror For Samsung TV Allows iPhones And iPads To Mirror Directly On A Samsung Smart TV
As we have mentioned earlier, AirBeamTV’s Mirror for Samsung TV app now allows all iPhone and iPad users to mirror their iOS devices on a Samsung Smart TV. Normally, projecting your iPhone to a TV requires an attached Apple TV. Now with Mirror for Samsung TV, the Apple TV is no longer a medium between the mirroring process.
Mirror for Samsung TV app for iPhone and iPad is a unique application which mirrors the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to any Samsung Smart TV. No additional hardware needed and you can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Samsung TV
In addition to this, the company touts that the operation has been successfully achieved with the use if the ReplayKit platform in iOS 11.
At WWDC 2017, Apple announced that they have extended the functionality of the ReplayKit framework, explains Demid Borodin, co-founder and Director of Video Technology. This extended functionality opened the door for us to bring our popular Mirror for Samsung TV app also to iOS. Before iOS 11, we only supported macOS, now everybody with a modern iPhone and iPad can directly mirror to his Samsung TV.
Moreover, the company also says that the process of mirroring an iPhone or iPad requires newer models of the iOS device. Ranging from the iPhone 6s onwards, and any iPad Pro model or the recently launched iPads that run iOS 11 are compatible.
How To Airplay To A Samsung TV
1. Turn on your TV and make sure it’s connected to the internet. See our guide on how to set up your set up your Samsung TV if you need help getting your set online.
2.Review your Samsung’s TV’s AirPlay settings. Go to Settings > General > Apple AirPlay Settings.
3. Turn AirPlay ‘On’ if it’s not already. Decide whether to require a pairing code every time you want to AirPlay from an Apple device, or just the first time you AirPlay from a given device.
Your Samsung TV is now ready for AirPlay. Make sure the TV is turned on when you’re ready to AirPlay. And keep in mind that AirPlay will disrupt whatever you’re currently watching.
Recommended Reading: How To Update Sony Bravia TV
Screen Mirror Mac To Samsung TV
Enjoy all the little details on TV
You can also connect Apple Mac computer or laptop to TV wirelessly using the MirrorMeister app. This is ideal if you have downloaded a movie that you would like to see on the big screen.
Follow the 4 easy steps below to set it up:
How To Airplay To A Samsung TV From Mac
1. Make sure your Mac computer is currently connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV. AirPlay to a Samsung TV won’t work if both your TV and your Mac aren’t on the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Choose and open the content to AirPlay to a Samsung TV. Any photos or videos saved to your Mac will work. You can also AirPlay audio from the Apple Music desktop app.
3. Tap the AirPlay button, if there’s one available. It’s a curved rectangle with an arrow pointing up at the bottom. In the Photos desktop app, it’s next to the settings wheel.
5. Select your Samsung TV from the list. You might see other AirPlay-compatible devices on the list, so ensure you choose your TV.
6. If prompted, enter the 4-digit AirPlay Passcode displayed on your TV. If you’ve used this device to AirPlay to your Samsung TV before, you might not need to enter a passcode depending on your set’s AirPlay settings.
Now you know how to AirPlay to a Samsung TV, you might want to see our guides on how to connect Nintendo Switch to a TV and .
Read Also: Is 8k TV Worth It
Access Smart View With Smartthings
You can mirror your phones or tablet’s display to a TV using the SmartThings app as well. First, make sure the TV is turned on and connected to your SmartThings account.
Using your phone or tablet, open the SmartThings app, and select the TV you would like to mirror to.
In the TV’s setting page, tap More options , and then tap Mirror screen .
Tap Start now, and if needed, give your TV permission to access your device.
Note: This feature may not be available on the PC version of SmartThings.
How To Connect iPhone To TV With Hdmi
You May Like: How To Broadcast Phone To TV
How To Mirror Your iPhone Or iPad Display To Your TV:
If you have an Apple TV and you simply want to duplicate your smaller device screen onto your larger TV screen, the Screen Mirror function on your iPhone is what you want. First ensure that the device and TV are on the same Wi-Fi network, then follow these steps:
If you have any issues with AirPlay not working, check out these troubleshooting tips!
Things To Check Before Mirroring iPhone To TV
Make Sure Your TV is AirPlay 2 Compatible
Introduced in 2010 as part of iOS 4, AirPlay initially allowed users to stream audio, photos, and videos via an Apple TV device. However, in 2018, Apple allowed TV and speaker manufacturers to incorporate the technology with the launch of AirPlay 2.
Today, most modern TVs from leading manufacturers including Samsung, LG, and VIZIO come equipped with AirPlay 2 support, allowing users to mirror their iPhone or iPad display to a smart TV without having to rely on any other device.
To find out whether or not your TV is compatible, check out the AirPlay icon on your TV. Besides, you can also head over to Apples Home accessories web page to know if your TV supports Apples wireless streaming protocol.
Ensure That Your iPhone Supports AirPlay 2
AirPlay 2 supports several older iPhone and iPad models. Check out the list below to ensure your device is onboard.
AirPlay 2-supported iPhone models:
Note:iPod Touch 6 and 7 also support AirPlay 2.
Read Also: How Much Does Acorn TV Cost
How To Mirror An iPhone To A Samsung TV With Screen Mirroring App
Another method for screen mirroring your iPhone to a Samsung TV is to use a third-party app. Samsung Smart View is one kind of official app for Samsung TV screen mirroring. It offers iOS, Android, and Windows versions for you to easily display content stored on your phone or PC easily on the Samsung smart TV. Moreover, it offers a TV remote control feature to control your Samsung Smart TV. You can free install it from App Store on your iPhone and then use it to enjoy iPhone content on TV.
Bonus Tip: An Alternative Of iPhone To Mirror Screen
We recommended you give AnyTrans a try for the best alternative option for iPhone screen mirroring onto a computer. This tool comes quite handy for those who got tired of the small screen of their iOS device. With the help of it, mirroring, recording, and capturing the screen of your iPhone from the computer has become convenient to do.
Now, you can easily get rid of your iPhone slow down by simply recording and capturing your device screen from the computer. If youre looking for a one-stop solution for your iPhone screen mirroring, dont look further from AnyTrans. The following are the reasons to do so.
Don’t Miss: What Do You Get With Hulu Live TV
How To Change Airplay Settings On Your Samsung TV
1. Using your TV remote, go to “Settings” and select “General.”
2. Choose “Apple AirPlay Settings” from the menu.
3. From here, choose one or more of the following options to make adjustments:
- AirPlay: This allows you to turn your TV’s AirPlay feature on, which only needs to be done the first time you use AirPlay. You can also turn AirPlay off.
- Subtitles and Captioning: This setting not only allows you to turn subtitles for your selected media on and off, it also lets you change the size, font, and color of the subtitles.
- About AirPlay: Open this menu if you want to make sure you’re running the latest version of AirPlay, or to find information about your current software.
- Require Code: When you first start using AirPlay, anybody on your Wi-Fi network with a compatible device can connect and mirror to your TV. If you want to prevent this for any reason, you can use this setting to create a passcode users need to enter before they can project anything to your TV.
Is There An App To Mirror iPhone To TV
There are several apps that will allow you to wirelessly mirror your iPhone to a TV that is not AirPlay 2-compatible. However, most of those apps require a streaming device, like a Roku or Chromecast. If you have one of those devices, you can use the device software to mirror your iPhone in most cases, without the need for another app. For example, to mirror your iPhone to Roku, you need only have the Roku app on your phone.
Don’t Miss: How To Connect iPhone To Roku TV Without Wifi
What Do I Need To Connect My iPhone Or iPad To My TV
There are a few different ways to connect your iPhone to your TV. Here is what youll need for each method described in this article. For more complete details, please scroll down to the corresponding sections below.
Using The Air Beam TV To Mirror Screen iPhone
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you may use AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring feature to instantaneously project the screen of your smartphone to your Samsung television. Installing the AirBeamTV app on your iPhone or iPad is a simple process.
On your mobile device, press the Install button. To get started, simply follow these steps.
It is necessary to ensure that your iPhone or iPad is running iOS 14 or higher and that it is linked to the same local network as your Samsung TV before proceeding.
Use of several VLANs, a VPN, or subnets is not recommended.
This means that the TV should not be in screen mirroring mode, but should instead be in TV mode or connected to any HDMI IN port.
Heres the steps!
1. Open the Mirror for the Samsung TV application.
It will begin searching for your Samsung TV on your local network once it detects them.
When the television is discovered, pick it.
Open the Mirror for the Samsung TV application
2. You may be asked to accept the connection when using this app for the first time, depending on your Samsung TV model and how long it has been installed on your device.
Then, using your TVs remote control, press the OK button to allow the connection to occur.
To begin mirroring on the presently selected TV, click on the Start Mirroring button.
3. To begin mirroring on your selected Samsung TV, select Mirror Samsung TV and press Start Broadcast to begin the process.
Select Mirror Samsung TV and press Start Broadcast
You May Like: How To Clean Led TV Screen Samsung
Screen Mirroring Vs Casting
As technology becomes more advanced, so does the vocabulary associated with it. We all now frequently use terms like screen mirroring or casting and it gets really confusing. What do they all mean? All you really need to know is that both allow you to stream videos, photos, and other content from your phone to your smart TV. But if you want a more in-depth definition, we have it for you right here.
What is screen mirroring?
The answer is in the name: screen mirroring. This feature lets you mirror whats on your phones screen to a bigger screen, like a smart TV. Exactly whats showing on your phone will appear on the TV, whether its a video, a photo, or a Settings menu. Whenever you do something on your phone , that action will also be shown on the other screen.
On Galaxy devices the screen mirroring feature is called Smart View. You can easily mirror your screen with Smart View by just tapping the Smart View icon and doing a few simple steps.
For iPhones, the screen mirroring feature is called AirPlay, and it does the same exact thing – mirror images, videos, or other media. Using AirPlay is similar but a little different from using Smart View.
No matter which one you have, it’s a great way to share videos, photos, or other things on your phone right on your smart TV.
Galaxy Smart View interface
Apple AirPlay interface
What is casting?
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can cast to your TV using AirPlay.
Apple Lightning Digital Av Adapter
Most apps will simply mirror the iOS devices display onto the television, but video apps such as Amazon Prime and Netflix might offer persistent playback controls while the video plays on the TV.
Some video apps, such as Netflix, provide handy media controls when the adapter is plugged into a television.
Jared Newman / IDG
As for older iOS devices with 30-pin charging ports, Apple no longer sells its own 30-pin-to-HDMI adapter, but you can find third-party options, such as the JIMAT model shown below, on Amazon.
Also Check: Can I Still Watch TV Without Cable
Use The Samsung Smartview App To Connect
If you prefer a wireless solution for connecting your iPhone to your Samsung Smart TV, some apps can help.
When using screen mirroring apps, the Smart TV and the iPhone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. The apps will not function if your phone and TV are on different networks.
The Samsung SmartView app is a free app you can install on your phone to allow screen mirroring to your smart TV.
Make sure that both the iPhone and TV are on the same Wi-Fi connection.
Launch the Samsung SmartView app. It will ask you to enter the code that appears on your Samsung Smart TV screen.
Enter the pin, and the device should automatically connect to your TV.
How To Cast iPhone To Samsung TV With Mirrormeister App
No cables, no small screens. Just one app
Some Samsung TVs support AirPlay function and some not. You can use the Apple AirPlay function to cast your iPhone to Samsung TV. You can follow Apples official guide to set it up. However, if your TV doesnt support AirPlay or you just dont want to hassle with cables and extra hardware, you can count on our free screen mirroring app.
MirrorMeister is the most easy-to-use Samsung screen mirroring app. With it, you can stream movies, sport, music, presentations, share photos on your TV, and much more. Download the app and try it for free today!
Screen mirror movies on the big screen.
MirrorMeister is compatible with Samsung TVs. But it also works for other popular Smart TV brands and streaming devices, like Roku, , and Amazon Firestick. So if you ever buy a new TV, you can just keep using MirrorMeister.
You May Like: What Is On Antenna TV Tonight