How Do I Play Apple Podcasts On My TV
Get podcasts on Apple TV
How Can I Connect My Android Phone To My Non Smart TV Without Chromecast
While Im listing ways in which you can cast your phone display without Chromecast, there are other streaming devices for you to consider.
Reason : Network Is No Longer Active
If the Wi-Fi network to which you connected your Chromecast is not active anymore, things will get a bit tricky. That will happen when you change your router. Youve set up your Chromecast for the network that doesnt exist anymore, so your Google Home app on your mobile device wont be able to recognize it.
There is a solution for both, and this article provides a step-by-step guide to get you up and running again.
Also Check: How To Watch Tiktok On TV
Connect Your Chromecast To Your Wi
If you’re using a Chromecast in your home or office, the logical first step is to connect the device to your local Wi-Fi network.
To connect your Chromecast to Wi-Fi, you need to make sure that the device you are using to set up your dongle is on the same Wi-Fi network as you ultimately want your Chromecast to be connected to.
Note: You cannot set up a Chromecast from a computer.
To make the connection, download the free Google Home app from your device’s app store. Within the app, navigate to Add > Set up device > New device and follow the on-screen instructions.
I Have A Problem Connecting To My Chromecast Hotspot What Should I Do
First, make sure to check the following:
If you’ve checked off all of the steps above and you still can’t connect to the Chromecast hotspot, try one of the steps below and then try to connect.
Step 1. Reboot your Chromecast
- Unplug the Chromecast device from the power source and plug it back in
Step 2. Force close and relaunch Google Home app
From an IOS device:
- Press the Home button two times quickly. You’ll see small previews of your recently used apps.
- Swipe left to find the app you want to close.
- Swipe up on the app’s preview to close it.
From an Android device:
- Launch the Recent Applications menu to see small previews of your recently used apps.
- The Recent Apps button should be accessible at nearly any time along the bottom of the screen along with the other buttons on the virtual task bar.
Step 3. Try to manually connecting to the Google Chromecast SSID from your phone or tablet’s Wi-Fi settings
Recommended Reading: How To Get TV Channels Without Cable
How To Set Up Chromecast With Google TV
This process is largely similar to the above, so we’ll only show the screens and images where they differ.
1. Plug in the Chromecast with Google TV to a power outlet
2. Plus in the Chromecast with Google TV to your TV’s HDMI port
3. Hold the Back and Home buttons on the Chromecast remote, as instructed on screen
4. Select your language
5. Download and open the Google Home app from the or the Apple App Store
6. Tap the Set up Chromecast button in the Google Home app.
7. Choose a “home” where your Chromecast with Google TV will be used. This is basically how users split smart home tech across locations.
8. Grant the Google Home app access to your device’s camera.
9. Open your device’s camera app and scan the QR code on your TV.
10. Agree to Google’s legal language twice.
11. Choose the location of your Chromecast with Google TV.
12. Name your Chromecast with Google TV if you want.
13. Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
14. Sign in with your Google Account, and you’re in the final stretch. What follows are a series of account management options, all done on your phone.
15. Agree to share location and diagnostic data.
16. Allow Google the ability to connect with your device’s apps.
17. Enable or disable Voice Match.
18. Link apps and services you use.
19. Select Google Photos or Art for your Ambient mode. This is your screensaver.
20. Opt in or out of emails from Google about hardware. Now, your Chromecast with Google TV will finish setting up! You’re done!
Find New Content To Cast
Theres a lot of great content to enjoy from your favorite Chromecast-enabled apps and we dont want you to miss a single great tune or podcast.
Within the Google Home app, tapthe Discover tab to browse content and find new stuff thats available on your Chromecast-enabled apps you dont have installed yet. You can also see a list of all Chromecast-enabled apps and available content.
For more information on developing for Chromecast, please visit our Chromecast Developer Help Center.
Please note: Casting may also be enabled from your laptop on the websites of Chromecast-enabled apps. To learn more, visit . In order to cast from Chrome, please ensure you have the Cast button installed on your Chrome browser.
If your home has two or more isolated networks available, your Android device may auto-switch between networks depending on signal strength. This could affect whether or not you see the Cast button in your applications.To avoid auto-switching, Android users can go to device WiFi settings and Forget ‘Network B’ to ensure that the Android device is connected to the same ‘Network A’ as the Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in. If you’re having trouble with a Chromecast-enabled app, please try our Chromecast Troubleshooting tips.
Recommended Reading: Vizio TV Goes Black But Has Sound
Connect Hdmi Cable To Laptop And TV
The order you connect them in isn’t important: just make sure both ends of the cable are plugged in! If your laptop doesnt have an HDMI port, you’ll need an adapter or a cable with different end connectors. Newer Macbooks will need a USB-C to HDMI adapter that range between $15-20. Other less common connectors can usually be found with HDMI on one end and the other connection type on the other – such as Mini-HDMI or Mini DisplayPort for under $10 depending on length.
How To Fix Issues With Chromecast
- Quality of cost is poor Chromecast automatically detects the highest quality possible for streaming check the internet connection and HDMI cable plugin. Slow internet and loose HDMI cable may chance poor casting.
- Casting can not be controlled Restart phone and Chromecast, reconnect them to get the control back. If the control is still not gained, consider changing the device.
- No casting compatible app available The first check for Chromecast compatible app from your play store or software inventory then locate cast icon to check if that is enabled.
- No connection to wifi- Restart wifi and Chromecast getting it closer to wifi so that it can catch the signal easily, update the software to make it easy.
What did I miss? You can include them in the comment section below and get an instant reply.
Recommended Reading: How To Stream Oculus Quest To TV
How To Use Chromecast On Pc
There are a few different ways to use a Chromecast with a PC. All the approaches involve using the Google Chrome web browser.
To make your selection, open Chrome and go to More > Cast. A new window will appear it shows all the Chromecast devices on your network. Click on a device to select it. Select to choose whether to cast a tab, a file, or your desktop.
If you either stream a single Chrome tab, or you choose to stream a file, you can continue using other Chrome tabs and the rest of your computer without affecting the casting and without revealing the contents of your screen to the people watching the casted output.
The only requirement is that you leave Chrome open and running in the background, even if you’re working in other apps.
In contrast, if you decide to cast your entire desktop, whatever is on your computer’s screen will also be shown on the casting destination. Before choosing this option, make sure you don’t have any sensitive information lying around on your computer that you do not wish to make public.
Once again, you need to leave Chrome running for casting to continue.
Note: Chromecast devices only work with Windows 7 or later.
What Can You Do With Google Chromecast
- You can use Google Chromecast to stream videos. It lets you stream videos you buy from Google Play Store likewise stream videos from top content providers such as Netflix, HBO, YouTube, ESPN, History, Amazon Video, Hulu, NBA, and many more.
- Google Chromecast allows you to play music from several services such as Google Music, Boomplay, Pandora, Audiomack, Spotify, and many more.
- Using Google Chromecast, you can mirror your entire screen to your TV. It would let you watch a video or read a document or showcase a presentation on your screen.
Recommended Reading: Screen Mirror Without Wifi iPhone
How To Connect Chromecast To Wi
Googles Chromecast is a great way to stream all your favorite shows and movies. It also allows you to play music and access any other apps with a Wi-Fi connection. To use your Chromecast, you will need to ensure that it always has a stable internet connection.
Below, well go over how you can connect your Chromecast to Wi-Fi via the Google Home app. We will also review troubleshooting tips and explain how to change the Wi-Fi network as well.
Before You Begin Casting
Read Also: View Ring Doorbell On Lg TV
How To Use Chromecast On An iPhone
Natively, iPhone owners can only cast content from their device to a Chromecast if the app they are using supports the functionality. There is no way to cast your entire screen unless you use a third-party app like Replica.
If the app you’re using supports Chromecast, you will see a small button that looks like a TV screen somewhere on the app’s home screen or menu. Tap the icon to see a list of Chromecast devices on your network.
How Do I Play Movies From My iPhone On Chromecast
Cast movies & shows to a TV
Read Also: Oculus Quest Cast To Firestick
How To Chromecast Amazon Prime
Because Amazon Prime Video is a Chromecast-enabled app, the process for casting should be relatively simple.
When you want to start casting, open the Prime Video app and tap the cast button. You will then be prompted to choose a device to cast to. Select your device and the cast button will change colour to let you know it successfully connected.
You should then be able to watch any TV shows or films directly on your TV screen. To stop casting, tap the cast button to disconnect.
Get Started With Google Home And Your Samsung TV
In this article, we’ll tell you how to connect your Samsung television with Google Home. This is done via a Chromecast. We’ll help you set it up in 3 steps. Do you have a Samsung QLED TV from 2019 or newer? Scroll down to the last paragraph.
Step 1: connect a Chromecast to your TVStep 2:link Chromecast to Google AssistantStep 3: control your Samsung television with your voice
Don’t Miss: How Much Does The Hallmark Channel Cost
How To Set Up Chromecast
To get started, plug your Chromecast into your TVs HDMI input and the USB port on your TV. If there isnt a free USB port on your TV, go ahead and use the included power adapter to connect the device to an outlet. Next, change your TVs input channel to the one your Chromecast is connected to.
Okay, before we can set things up, were going to need to do a few things on your phone:
Just a few more steps involving the app and the TV are needed:
Start With The TV And Chromecast Remote
Note: Use the directional pad on the remote to navigate and select.
Don’t Miss: How To Play Quiplash On TV
How To Chromecast Sky Go
Sky Go is the companys very own streaming service available for free to Sky TV subscribers. Depending on your subscription, this means you can watch up to 51 live channels including Sky Atlantic, MTV, Comedy Central and Sky Sports.
However, there is often a lot of confusion around whether you can cast the Sky Go app via Chromecast. This is because the process varies depending on what country you are trying to cast in.
While the latest version of the Sky Go app officially supports casting to Chromecast, the app is currently only available in New Zealand. Therefore, those in the UK are not currently able to cast the Sky Go app.
There is one silver lining, which is that NOW TV is a Chromecast-compatible app in the UK. Depending on your NOW TV subscription, you should be able to access a lot of the Sky channels including multiple Sky Sports channels, Sky Atlantic and Sky Cinema.
Can I Use A Chromecast Without Wi
While you can use your Chromecast without a dedicated Wi-Fi connection you will still need an internet connection. Whether thats connection comes from a mobile hotspot or even an ethernet youll need to find some way to connect your Chromecast to the internet.
Fortunately, we have an article here that shows you all of your options.
Recommended Reading: Vizio Airplay Not Working
How To Connect Chromecast To New Wifi
Im a huge fan of the Google Chromecast. Ive owned one since its launch and the Chromecast is a great way to stream online video from the internet. I recently upgraded my router so I could get my Chromecast to work with a new connection. I was able to connect the Chromecast from a new router, but my old connection had changed its Wifi name and password. After some research, I discovered there are a number of ways to connect the Chromecast to a new connection, and I would like to share a couple with you.
If you want to connect your Chromecast to a new WiFi and you are not sure which way to go, then we will try to help you. We have discovered some ways to do so. So, let us look at the ways to connect your Chromecast to a new WiFi.
Chromecast is a small and compact media-streaming device that isnt very costly. Its a simple media streaming device that allows you to stream videos, music and other media from your TV to your own personal devices like laptops, smartphones and tablets. This simple device is a great companion for newcomers to the world of media streaming devices, as it allows you to stream media from your PC or laptop to the TV youre watching.
- Change of router
- Move the Chromecast to a new location in your home with a new WiFi system
Whatever the reason, its easy to switch your network to the Chromecast. Since the Chromecast cannot remember two WiFi networks at the same time, you will need to reboot the Chromecast to change the networks.